Add Cozart? Murphy? or Aviles? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Add Cozart? Murphy? or Aviles? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Add Cozart? Murphy? or Aviles? WHIR

Postby jruffus1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:49 pm

I am in a 12-team H2H league and my roster has been pretty horrible with AVG lately so I am looking for a new bench pickup to try and improve this imbalance.

Available FAs that I am currently interested in are:

Cozart
Murphy
Aviles

Roster:

C - Arencebia
1st - Davis
2nd - R Weeks
3rd - Bautista
SS - Andrus
OF - Granderson
OF - Stubbs
OF - Pence
Util - Cespedes

Bench: Dunn

SPs:

Cain
Bumgarner
Latos
Morrow
D Holland
Chacin

RPs:

Francisco
Axford
Nathan
Myers

K-Rod
D Hernandez
Bastardo
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Add Cozart? Murphy? or Aviles? WHIR

Postby paisano1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 pm

If the Murphy your talking about is Daniel Murphy then this one is a no brainer......PICK HIM UP!
He's right up your alley. Damn good average, multi eligible(1b,2b,3b in most leagues) and your one big weak spot is 1b.

If your talking about dave murphy then make cozart heads, aviles tails and flip a coin.
paisano1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby chinch sacs » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 am

paisano1 wrote:If the Murphy your talking about is Daniel Murphy then this one is a no brainer......PICK HIM UP!
He's right up your alley. Damn good average, multi eligible(1b,2b,3b in most leagues) and your one big weak spot is 1b.

If your talking about dave murphy then make cozart heads, aviles tails and flip a coin.

Davis and Murphy play for the same team, so he wont be able to plug him in on days off... Cozart is pretty good , I dont think Id leave him on the WW...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=443791
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mixmastamikal » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:44 am

If he is trying to improve average I am Assuming Daniel Murphy is the one he is talking about? Oh and just to put it out there I am in a ten team league and just dropped Ike davis...... I wouldn't be too attached to players like him you are better off picking up guys on hot streaks like murphy (david or daniel), or Cozart. I also dropped Aviles, batting 8th in the order isn't very appealing when cozart is 2nd in front of Votto.........
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:29 am

mixmastamikal wrote:If he is trying to improve average I am Assuming Daniel Murphy is the one he is talking about? Oh and just to put it out there I am in a ten team league and just dropped Ike davis...... I wouldn't be too attached to players like him you are better off picking up guys on hot streaks like murphy (david or daniel), or Cozart. I also dropped Aviles, batting 8th in the order isn't very appealing when cozart is 2nd in front of Votto.........

You dropped a 25 hr guy Davis, over 15 abs???????????

Cozart is the guy.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby mixmastamikal » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:01 pm

I play in a pretty shallow league he cleared waivers and nobody has touched him or will till he heats up. I pay a lot of attention to who's hot and cold and it has gotten me further than crossing my fingers and thinking "I hope this guy does what I hope he is supposed to do. '' It's not like I would drop pujols over something like that but Ike Davis is in my mind a replacement level guy. I got second in a league a few years ago and was very close to winning where I only had 4 people on my team that I originally drafted, and made no trades. All my ''stars'' were waiver gems.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions