arod/braun for cano/melky cabrera. veto worthy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

arod/braun for cano/melky cabrera. veto worthy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

arod/braun for cano/melky cabrera. veto worthy?

Postby MakeItVibrate » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:55 pm

I had 2 teams propose and accept this trade. It's not perfect but seemed like a trade that couldn't be vetoed, so I let it go thru. Now a 3rd team is crying about the trade being uneven, and has even said he quits and tried dropping his whole team. He's only allowed 5 moves a week, so it wasn't much trouble in me to restore his team. Now how should I handle this? Overturn the trade? keep the trade and Lock the 3rd team?
Link to my current 2013 roster-----------> http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=457832
MakeItVibrate
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: arod/braun for cano/melky cabrera. veto worthy?

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:06 pm

The trade for me clearly favors the A-Rod/Braun side. That said, I let teams do what they want as long as there's no collusion going on, which there doesn't seem to be here. Let the trade happen. It doesn't completely screw up the competitive balance of the league, so whatever. As for the other owner, alert him that he's a whiny bitch, and if you need to and he insists on being a pain in the ass, lock his roster and let him go find a different league, and don't invite him back last year. One person isn't allowed to ruin the fun of the entire bunch. Tell him to grow up.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby MakeItVibrate » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote:The trade for me clearly favors the A-Rod/Braun side. That said, I let teams do what they want as long as there's no collusion going on, which there doesn't seem to be here. Let the trade happen. It doesn't completely screw up the competitive balance of the league, so whatever. As for the other owner, alert him that he's a whiny bitch, and if you need to and he insists on being a pain in the ass, lock his roster and let him go find a different league, and don't invite him back last year. One person isn't allowed to ruin the fun of the entire bunch. Tell him to grow up.

Thanks for the quick response. Youve basically confirmed everything i was thinking. The trade isnt perfect, but not so one-sided that i can veto it. Im going to give the 3rd team a second chance. As of right now he cant do anything, but next week he'll get 5 more moves. If he drops good players again im going to be forced to lock his team. If this happens is there anyway to transfer ownership of that team to another person in ESPN?
Link to my current 2013 roster-----------> http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=457832
MakeItVibrate
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:40 pm

MakeItVibrate wrote:I had 2 teams propose and accept this trade. It's not perfect but seemed like a trade that couldn't be vetoed, so I let it go thru. Now a 3rd team is crying about the trade being uneven, and has even said he quits and tried dropping his whole team. He's only allowed 5 moves a week, so it wasn't much trouble in me to restore his team. Now how should I handle this? Overturn the trade? keep the trade and Lock the 3rd team?

If he wants to quit, let him. Anyone who pulls that is not an asset to the league anyway. Like the other poster said. If it isn't collusion, it should go through. The league shouldn't be a guardian for every owner that makes a bad trade. == Yes, you can delete the owner and keep the team intact and get a new owner.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby MakeItVibrate » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:55 pm

bigmck wrote:== Yes, you can delete the owner and keep the team intact and get a new owner.

How do I do that?
MakeItVibrate
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:12 pm

MakeItVibrate wrote:
bigmck wrote:== Yes, you can delete the owner and keep the team intact and get a new owner.

How do I do that?

Click on the "LM Tools". On the left side of the page under "League Administration Tools" you will see "Delete Owners". Click on that and the next screen shows all the teams in your league. On the right is a column that says "Delete". Put a check in the box of the team that you want to delete. At the bottom is "Delete Team Owners". Click on that and the next screen asks "Are your Sure"? Click that and the guy is gone but the team is there without an Owner. Just invite someone else and he can take over the team.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:32 pm

bigmck wrote:
MakeItVibrate wrote:

How do I do that?

Click on the "LM Tools". On the left side of the page under "League Administration Tools" you will see "Delete Owners". Click on that and the next screen shows all the teams in your league. On the right is a column that says "Delete". Put a check in the box of the team that you want to delete. At the bottom is "Delete Team Owners". Click on that and the next screen asks "Are your Sure"? Click that and the guy is gone but the team is there without an Owner. Just invite someone else and he can take over the team.
;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby mkultra » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 am

MakeItVibrate wrote:I had 2 teams propose and accept this trade. It's not perfect but seemed like a trade that couldn't be vetoed, so I let it go thru. Now a 3rd team is crying about the trade being uneven, and has even said he quits and tried dropping his whole team. He's only allowed 5 moves a week, so it wasn't much trouble in me to restore his team. Now how should I handle this? Overturn the trade? keep the trade and Lock the 3rd team?

You'll find a fairly heard "no collusion, no veto" line among people in this forum, but I don't even think that trade is vetoable under more lax standards. The way Team #3 is reacting, you'd think he gave up Braun for Melky straight up.

Honestly, I think he acted like a baby, but I hate having to deal with finding new owners mid-season. I'd lock his team for the rest of the week, then approach him again to see if he's cooled his jets in the meantime. Stress that you're re-evaluating his place in the league, not the trade. If he's willing to apologize and play through, I see no problem with reinstating him.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby converge241 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:14 am

I like how the guy so upset with this trade was going to cause 10 times more problems by cutting his team into the pool. That screams someone not worried about competitive balance but more just sour grapes he couldnt get arod/braun at a discount.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Return to Commissioner's Corner