Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:39 pm

JD
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby silverZ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:41 pm

I think Johnson is in for a big year and is being undervalued right now. Sure he's streaky, but if he stays healthy I'd bet on him finished .260 20-20. Hitting 2nd in that lineup with a decent OBP is going to give him a ton of runs. I think your team would look better if you moved Kipnis instead.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2963
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:43 pm

silverZ wrote:I think Johnson is in for a big year and is being undervalued right now. Sure he's streaky, but if he stays healthy I'd bet on him finished .260 20-20. Hitting 2nd in that lineup with a decent OBP is going to give him a ton of runs. I think your team would look better if you moved Kipnis instead.

Even though Kipnis has good keeper value?
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby nyr199435 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:49 pm

I would absolutely try the second trade for Markakis. If not, don't drop Johnson yet and try to trade Kipnis. You can use the keeper value as a selling point as well.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 401
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby silverZ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:52 pm

ATLbraves wrote:
silverZ wrote:I think Johnson is in for a big year and is being undervalued right now. Sure he's streaky, but if he stays healthy I'd bet on him finished .260 20-20. Hitting 2nd in that lineup with a decent OBP is going to give him a ton of runs. I think your team would look better if you moved Kipnis instead.

Even though Kipnis has good keeper value?


Kipnis keeper value makes it even better to trade him away IMO. You only keep 7 players, what are the chances you keep him anyway?
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2963
(Past Year: 73)
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 pm

silverZ wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:
silverZ wrote:I think Johnson is in for a big year and is being undervalued right now. Sure he's streaky, but if he stays healthy I'd bet on him finished .260 20-20. Hitting 2nd in that lineup with a decent OBP is going to give him a ton of runs. I think your team would look better if you moved Kipnis instead.

Even though Kipnis has good keeper value?


Kipnis keeper value makes it even better to trade him away IMO. You only keep 7 players, what are the chances you keep him anyway?

With our keeper rules, you have to keep the player 2 rounds ahead of where he was drafted. So players drafted in the top 5 rounds are rarely kept. Kipnis most likely would be one of my keepers since I can keep him in the 18th round next year.
Image

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2653
Joined: 19 May 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:48 pm

pick up jd martinez i think his going to have a big year



viewtopic.php?f=26&t=443770
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby 802GREENS » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Bump for Murphy. Looks like you might need some more speed and Murphy could help with that as well as 10 or so HRs. And talk about scoring runs?? He's batting in the Texas rangers lineup... They might all end up scoring 100 runs
802GREENS
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 202
Joined: 6 Apr 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vermont

Re: Should I drop Kelly Johnson?? WHIR 100%

Postby sigriffey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 am

Conrax wrote:I would do trade B (Kelly Johnson and Chris Perez for Nick Markakis) definitely. If you want to go waivers I would go Joyce, Martinez, Murphy in that order. But I would do waivers only if you can't get a trade done. Thanks for your help with mine.


I echo these very sentiments. I grabbed Martinez the other day myself.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 6425
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobmv03 and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact