Lance Lynn or Jake Arrieta? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Lance Lynn or Jake Arrieta? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lance Lynn or Jake Arrieta? WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 pm

I no its only 1 game but both have had solid performances. I would like to grab one and see how they do.

Jake Arrieta who the MLB network crew is very high on and buck showalter loves.

Lance Lynn is on the cardinals where they just produce solid starter after solid starter.

any thoughts on who will be a better pick up?

Thanks and WHIR
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lance Lynn or Jake Arrieta? WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:33 pm

My money is on Lynn. Arrieta could be very nice but having to face the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays all year is going to be hard on him. Only problem with Lynn is whether he gets to keep his job when Carpenter gets back. Personally I think it will be hard for them to take him out of the rotation if he is pitching even remotely close to what he did this weekend.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby sigriffey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:47 pm

I lean Lynn a bit. What do you guys think of Samardzija though? He's another to consider.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:50 pm

sigriffey wrote:I lean Lynn a bit. What do you guys think of Samardzija though? He's another to consider.

not available in my league but his good
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sigriffey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:51 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:
sigriffey wrote:I lean Lynn a bit. What do you guys think of Samardzija though? He's another to consider.

Not to sabotage your post, but do you trust Samardzija in general?
To elaborate on my answer, I think Lynn has that great Cards offense clicking behind him whereas Arietta will have his tough days facing ... well, geez, even the Rays' lineup scares me.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:55 pm

sigriffey wrote:
joeyg2323 wrote:

To elaborate on my answer, I think Lynn has that great Cards offense clicking behind him whereas Arietta will have his tough days facing ... well, geez, even the Rays' lineup scares me.

im leaning towards Lynn but would like to hear from a few more people.

Samardzija i do like a lot, last 2 years was that close from making the rotation and this year he does and i think he'll do big things. hey the guy gave up football where he would have been a 1st rounder, to play baseball, in the minors, and work his way up to the pros. something good is there with him.

im pretty sure i replied to your post with liking guthie?
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sigriffey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:59 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:
sigriffey wrote:
joeyg2323 wrote:

Samardzija i do like a lot, last 2 years was that close from making the rotation and this year he does and i think he'll do big things. hey the guy gave up football where he would have been a 1st rounder, to play baseball, in the minors, and work his way up to the pros. something good is there with him.

Yes, sir. I am very much considering Guthrie. I actually have two open roster spots because Fister and Farnsworth are on the DL. But the problem is we only get 4 moves per week and I use two on JD Martinez and Hector Santiago at midnight. So I would at the very most only use one more today because I want to have a move to play with between now and next Monday. Would you use it on Samardzija or Guthrie or hold off entirely for now?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:05 pm

sigriffey wrote:
joeyg2323 wrote:
sigriffey wrote:

Yes, sir. I am very much considering Guthrie. I actually have two open roster spots because Fister and Farnsworth are on the DL. But the problem is we only get 4 moves per week and I use two on JD Martinez and Hector Santiago at midnight. So I would at the very most only use one more today because I want to have a move to play with between now and next Monday. Would you use it on Samardzija or Guthrie or hold off entirely for now?

yea we get 3 per week and i just used my first one on lynn.

nice 2 grabs love martinez as a sleeper suprised he wasnt drafted how many teams is your league?
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sigriffey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:07 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:
sigriffey wrote:
joeyg2323 wrote:

yea we get 3 per week and i just used my first one on lynn.

nice 2 grabs love martinez as a sleeper suprised he wasnt drafted how many teams is your league?

Thanks. Mine is a 12-team league. I needed him badly because BJ Upton and Crawford are on the shelf. Hmm, what to do about this pitching. You feel good about Guthrie vs. SF this week? Looks like it is in Coors.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby mixmastamikal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:13 pm

I think samardzija has way more upside I don't even consider pitchers who strike out so few batters as Guthrie. I really don't like either of these guys for their next start though, but if you are worried they will get scooped then grab him and sit him and see how he does/proceed from there. Guthrie gets at a minimum 1 HR hit against him this week
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions