Aceves for Santiago? Do it, or decline it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Aceves for Santiago? Do it, or decline it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aceves for Santiago? Do it, or decline it?

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 am

16 team DynastyH2H Points League.

Got offered this trade:
I give Aceves
and
I get Hector Santiago.

We get scoring for Holds and just about everything that comes out of the pitchers hand.

My other RPs are: Guerra, Aceves, Rodney, Lidge, Thornton, Rodriguez, Peralta and on DL Madson.

Should I do this deal?
Last edited by FantasySportsMaven on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Aceves for Santiago? Do it, or decline it? WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:54 am

Yes i would do that. Aceves has shown no ability to close a game this year and could be out of a job even before Bailey gets back in a few months. Santiago has the job and has even done alright so far. Not sure i would want to start either one but Santiago has to rank higher than Aceves for now.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks for the help!

Would you trade Aceves for Lance Lynn?
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mixmastamikal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 am

Is he owned in your league? I was just thinking about Lynn today he is a good pitcher and i could see him being a good starter but I am taking the same postion on him as i am other Rp's turned starters such as Samardzija. I am going to pick these kind of players up for favorable match ups, if i see them start going through good line ups then I will consider rostering the guy for good. That said i think Aceves has more value then Lynn right now but if you deparetely need a SP there are robably better options on the WW. How deep is your league? Yeah and this trade is a no brainer take Santiago for sure he is a better pitcher, may not get as many opportunities but a lot less likely to get raped.
Last edited by mixmastamikal on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby silverZ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:18 am

I'd do it. Santiago is one of those sneaky guys that can come out of no where and close for a couple years. Aceves doesn't have nearly as much upside in the short and long term.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:19 am

mixmastamikal wrote:Is he owned in your league? I was just thinking about Lynn today he is a good pitcher and i could see him being a good starter but I am taking the same postion on him as i am other Rp's turned starters such as Samardzija. I am going to pick these kind of players up for favorable match ups, if i see them start going through good line ups then I will consider rostering the guy for good. That said i think Aceves has more value then Lynn right now but if you deparetely need a SP there are robably better options on the WW. How deep is your league?

Yes, by the same guy who has Santiago. He gave me the choice of either Santiago or Lynn for Aceves.
FantasySportsMaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mixmastamikal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:21 am

Santiago for sure. Lynn could easily be on the waiver wire again after his start against the cubs. keep an eye on him and if he does decent pick him up before a favorable match up.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby cjd1167 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 am

Take Santiago. I'm a Red Sox fan so I've followed their pen situation closely, and I dont think theres much chance Aceves sticks at closer. Then again, he could end up starting too, but I dont think he's going to produce very good numbers in the rotation anyway...could be a league-average SP.
cjd1167
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Re: Aceves for Santiago? Do it, or decline it?

Postby kidsilk » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:22 am

I'd take Santiago for sure. I like his ability as a closer and has more upside than Lynn.

thanks for your help with mine
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1227)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions