Lance Lynn gem on the wire? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby thatguy27 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Gonna roll him out there @ Pitt on Friday. It's annoying he needs 5 starts before he gets SP eligibility on Yahoo. Me no likey having to bench a closer to start him, but them's the breaks.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:13 am

thatguy27 wrote:Gonna roll him out there @ Pitt on Friday. It's annoying he needs 5 starts before he gets SP eligibility on Yahoo. Me no likey having to bench a closer to start him, but them's the breaks.

3 starts
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby thatguy27 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:Gonna roll him out there @ Pitt on Friday. It's annoying he needs 5 starts before he gets SP eligibility on Yahoo. Me no likey having to bench a closer to start him, but them's the breaks.

3 starts


Word. Thanks. So after today. Good.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby Ender » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Pitchers park, team that has had proven success with pitching in general, team that generally values defense more than most. Cardinals are one of those teams I'll gladly take a risk on a young pitcher when he comes up with them because he is setup for success even if he struggles. Would much rather go with someone like Lynn than any of the young arms in Baltimore etc.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby RyeWhiskey » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Ender wrote:Pitchers park, team that has had proven success with pitching in general, team that generally values defense more than most. Cardinals are one of those teams I'll gladly take a risk on a young pitcher when he comes up with them because he is setup for success even if he struggles. Would much rather go with someone like Lynn than any of the young arms in Baltimore etc.


Should I take this to mean that you're pretty high on Shelby Miller then? He's on the waiver in my keeper league but I don't really have the space to sit on him until he's called up...
Image
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1552
Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby Ender » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:40 am

He should be owned in any keeper league with a bench to be honest but for a single season league I'm not that high on Miller.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby Guaranteed Loser » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Another great outing today. What do you all think of his chances of staying in the rotation when Carpenter comes back?
Image
Thanks to Idahofan for the sweet graphic!
Guaranteed Loser
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 263
Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby k.k. » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Guaranteed Loser wrote:Another great outing today. What do you all think of his chances of staying in the rotation when Carpenter comes back?

I think there isn't any debate about that anymore. He's a lock. We don't even know when Carp will be back, might not be useful this season at all for all we know. Lynn is shining bright meanwhile.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby clevername » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm

he's no lock to stay in the rotation if/when Carp comes back. He wouldn't get a full season of innings this year, anyway, so the pen is a nice way to limit that. Given his success in the pen last year, it's not the worst thing in the world for the team assuming Lohse and Westbrook have continued to be good enough at the back end of the rotation. No one really knows what's going to happen with Carp, though.

I think he has gone a long way to securing his spot in the rotation next year, if he doesn't have it virtually locked up now.

The recent chatter about the Cards talking with Oswalt again is interesting on this front, too.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1156
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lance Lynn gem on the wire?

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:45 am

clevername wrote:he's no lock to stay in the rotation if/when Carp comes back. He wouldn't get a full season of innings this year, anyway, so the pen is a nice way to limit that. Given his success in the pen last year, it's not the worst thing in the world for the team assuming Lohse and Westbrook have continued to be good enough at the back end of the rotation. No one really knows what's going to happen with Carp, though.

I think he has gone a long way to securing his spot in the rotation next year, if he doesn't have it virtually locked up now.

The recent chatter about the Cards talking with Oswalt again is interesting on this front, too.


agreed.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mkultra and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact