4/8 Cheering, Venting & Resurrection - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

4/8 Cheering, Venting & Resurrection

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 4/8 Cheering, Venting & Resurrection

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:53 am

bigh0rt wrote:
lane_anasazi2 wrote:
m16a wrote:To win: I need Morales to stay quiet for my opponent the rest of his game, then I need either Kemp/Hamilton to hit a double or a triple or Huston Street to get me a save. Fingers crossed to eek out a nail biter. :-o

Keep us updated. Can I give you my phone number? Maybe you can text me updates every half-hour. No, wait, that's not going to work. Every fifteen minutes.

That is the purpose of this thread. Please take your snobby sarcasm elsewhere :-t

I was going for more of a "cheeky, all in good fun" vibe. I apologize if I came off as snobby.

Maybe it seems like splitting hairs, but the cheering and venting I've seen in the past has had to do with specific (real) teams and/or players, not the performance of one's fantasy team. While it can be enjoyable to read people's vents about a pitcher melting down, or cheering a particularly epic home run, how one's personal fantasy team is doing interests exactly zero people who aren't you, in my experience.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:10 am

lane_anasazi2 wrote:Maybe it seems like splitting hairs, but the cheering and venting I've seen in the past has had to do with specific (real) teams and/or players, not the performance of one's fantasy team. While it can be enjoyable to read people's vents about a pitcher melting down, or cheering a particularly epic home run, how one's personal fantasy team is doing interests exactly zero people who aren't you, in my experience.

As we saw last year, different people write the venting thread in different ways.
h0rt prefers a more personal angle (which I for one find entertaining :-D ), wrveres was pretty thorough and informative, and I just threw some shiz at the wall and played a song :-b
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:58 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Can we just buy out the rest of Bay's contract and get someone decent to fill his spot? It doesn't matter how far you move in the fences, the guy is just awful. I look forward to the Niese/Minor match up.

The Mets and Blue Jays should just amalgamate into one massive pile of suck :-b
They could be called the Newronto Blue Jets

Git 'er done Selig!

Those who are Oakland A's fans shouldn't throw stones. How long has it been since that team was even over .500? :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:03 am

OK, that's two seasons in a row with Axford.
If I own him again in the future, he'll be sitting until he gets that first-appearance meltdown under his belt (I know, Loe played a hand in it, but still ...)
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 6)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:29 am

mweir145 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Can we just buy out the rest of Bay's contract and get someone decent to fill his spot? It doesn't matter how far you move in the fences, the guy is just awful. I look forward to the Niese/Minor match up.

The Mets and Blue Jays should just amalgamate into one massive pile of suck :-b
They could be called the Newronto Blue Jets

Git 'er done Selig!

Those who are Oakland A's fans shouldn't throw stones. How long has it been since that team was even over .500? :-b

How dare you
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby CharlatanSin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:27 am

AussieDodger wrote:
lane_anasazi2 wrote:Maybe it seems like splitting hairs, but the cheering and venting I've seen in the past has had to do with specific (real) teams and/or players, not the performance of one's fantasy team. While it can be enjoyable to read people's vents about a pitcher melting down, or cheering a particularly epic home run, how one's personal fantasy team is doing interests exactly zero people who aren't you, in my experience.

As we saw last year, different people write the venting thread in different ways.
h0rt prefers a more personal angle (which I for one find entertaining :-D ), wrveres was pretty thorough and informative, and I just threw some shiz at the wall and played a song :-b

Don't forget random players' birthdays! :-B
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby m16a » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 am

AussieDodger wrote:

I started playing fantasy sports with close friends. Of the three championships I have, I've gone through close friends to win/get to them all. Being up front and expressive of how my individual game is going is something almost second nature to me. For those who care, I tied at 12-12-5 on the back of Hamilton's single and HR. Puts me 7 back from the leader, tied for 4th.

As a side note for the general benefit of baseball. I now understand why Matt Kemp is awesome... Dude has been a tank so far. 8-o :-L ;-D
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers