Extra center fielder, who should I shop and for whom - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Extra center fielder, who should I shop and for whom

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Extra center fielder, who should I shop and for whom

Postby Shaudius » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:06 am

Here's my situation, I'm in a 10 team points league, points for basically everything but power is overvalued, not just home run power but extra base power. ESPN league so thats where availability comes from. Pitchers are undervalued so there's a lot of streaming there. Its a deep bench league, so I have space for backups at basically every position. I find myself with 3 Center Fielders but only one SS, who should I try and get? My team:

C: Brian McCann
1B: Eric Hosmer
2B: Daniel Murphy
3B: Jose Bautista
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
2B/SS: Dan Uggla
1B/3B: Michael Cuddeyer
LF: Brett Gardner
CF: Curtis Granderson
RF: Jeff Francoeur
OF: Melky Cabrera
DH: Michael Young
Bench: Austin Jackson
Bench: Delmon Young
Bench: Lance Berkman
Bench: Mark Reynolds
Bench: Aaron Hill
Bench: Kurt Suzuki

So my three CFs are Jackson, Granderson and Cabrera. The waiver wire isn't so great for SS talent, Zack Cozart is there, and he's looked promising so far, but I don't really think he's worth as much as any of the three CFs I have(I think its gonna be a really good year for Austin Jackson especially in runs leading off that sick Detroit lineup). Also available as SS on the waiver wire people such as Cliff Pennington, Alcedes Esobar, Sean Rodriguez, Clint Barnes, Rueben Tejada, Ryan Theriot, Alexi Casilla. No one really to write home about. Stephen Drew and Jed Lowrie are both available to stash on the DL as well.

Thoughts? Which SS would you try and shop and who at SS is worth that player's value, keeping in mind that power is what I'm really looking for more than anything.
Shaudius
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Extra center fielder, who should I shop and for whom

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:57 am

If you want just power at the SS spot JJ Hardy is your man.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby mpieco » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:29 am

It's a shame JJ Hardy isn't available then... :-S

Anyway...I might take a flier on Sean Rodriguez, who will seemingly get more ABs this year in Tampa, and could put up 15-20 HRs when given an opportunity, which will probably put him in the top 10 for SS (in terms of that one stat...not overall).

In terms of who to drop, I'm not sure. I'd probably drop Suzuki. If Cuddyer qualifies at 2B, I'd also consider dropping Murphy, because then you could have both Cuddyer and Berkman in your starting lineup.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Shaudius wrote:. I find myself with 3 Center Fielders but only one SS, who should I try and get?

Shaudius wrote:Which (OF) would you try and shop and who at SS is worth that player's value

mpieco wrote:It's a shame JJ Hardy isn't available then... :-S

:-?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby Shaudius » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for the replies so far, with so many players I am gonna generally have a hard time from day to day picking who to start with my team. I had Aaron Hill on my bench yesterday and look at the game he had.

My thing with dropping Suzuki is that then I'm just in the same situation only at catcher, and one thing is sure, McCann will get more days off than Tulo. The question remains though, who to get rid of.

The person with JJ Hardy has Carlos Santana, Joey Votto, Neil Walker, Evan Longoria, Jimmy Rollins, JJ Hardy, Lucas Duda, Logan Morrison, Shane Victorina, Corey Hart, Carlos Beltran, David Ortiz.

Does anyone see a possible 2 or 3 player trade there? Or even a straight up trade for one of my CFs with anyone on another team already.
Shaudius
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions