Bench Strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bench Strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bench Strategy

Postby Farkin » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:35 am

I have one extra spot to fill on my bench. Don't have a particular weakness outside of catcher (and there are no serviceable catchers left) so I want to know how it is best to use an extra bench spot. Already have Brad Penny and Oliver Perez as reserves. Available FA include Chan Ho Park, Karim Garcia, Bobby Higginson, Paul Byrd, Steve Finley, and Roger Cedeno. Which do you think will have the best season and is there a better strategy for reserve spots?
Farkin

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:31 pm

Garcia seems like rthe best pick. Hard to argue with a guy batting 4th.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby MikeeDee » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:32 am

I agree with HOOTIE. Garcia will bat 4th and has shown he can do it. Expect .280 25 90 75.

Chan Ho and Higginson have sucked before and will continue to do so. Finley is old. Cedeno and Bird are nice gambles, but Garcia seems like the only sure thing.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:33 am

Garcia, definitely. Man, if he bats clean-up and they score like they have been in the exhibition, he is gonna have huge numbers.

Since you already have a couple of decnt SP option on the bench, definitely go with KG2.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:47 am

:-B The Bench setup depends upon the league setup.....

If you have daily transactions then I always look for a guy that has multiple pos. elig. (Vasquez 2B,3B,SS-SD) he is a starter that won't hurt you and I can put him in when the "Guys" have a day off. I always try to target one that is in a League/Division opposite my starters. It makes for a nice for a final bench spot. Also look for IF/OF combo's it will give you just a touch more flexability through the season.

If it is Weekly trans. Then I just try to have a stud in waiting or maybe someone I can swap when "STL only play's 5 this week and NYY play's 7" no what I mean. I find that with weekly trans. It is better to have an extra starter so that you have more possible (2) start options.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Return to Baseball Leftovers