Help! Pretty good team, any fine tuning needed? WHIR** - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help! Pretty good team, any fine tuning needed? WHIR**

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help! Pretty good team, any fine tuning needed? WHIR**

Postby SLBarnes » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:00 pm

12 team h2h, standard 5x5 (keep 5)

Hey guys, Happy (real) Opening Weekend!

I made a fairly large move in my league already... main parts were I lost Lince but gained Kinsler. Which is fine as i don't like Lince as much as i did... he's not throwing his slider as much which concerns me. And plus i have greinke, Halladay, and Hudson anchoring my rotation. What do you guys think about the team now?

Somebody mentioned trading Sandoval for another SP. I am not sure about that...i may lose out o15-25 homers, solid avg and rbis. What do you think i need to do to make this team better? Or should I wait it out?

THanks gusy, WHIR

SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help! Pretty good team, any fine tuning needed? WHIR**

Postby SLBarnes » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Bump

please???
SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

Postby interchange » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Well your team is stacked in hitting and pitching (except closers). You're biased toward speed / top of the order, but that's OK in H2H. Why all the middle relief, though?
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SLBarnes » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks for the post.

People were taking closers far too early IMO, so when they did that I kept adding bats then in the late rounds i added those MR guys! I figure I may lose out on some wins but both Halladay, Greinke, and to a lesser extent HUdson have 20 win potential, and my ratios will be unreal. PluS I think Porcello, Neimann, and Beachy will have solid seasons! I'm getting rid of Chen, just need to see for what though. I went for alot of top of the order guys for runs/SB and some for power. Gardner, jennings, Bourgos etc are batting n front of some big bats
SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dave8603 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:31 am

Your team has a lot of depth, and I think grabbing some MR in place of closers, at that point, was a good choice. I don't really trust Bruce Chen at all, and I think you're right to get rid of him. I don't know that you'll get anything in return if you try to trade him, but it's worth a shot. You have a ton of reserve hitters and your starters are very solid, so I'm not sure how much you'll be swapping them out for those reserves. It might be worth dropping a couple of them for more pitching. Take a look at the FA pool and evaluate whether you have a bunch of hitters who would fit in well with the FAs. If so, definitely drop one or two (Aviles, possibly Kipnis or Weeks).

Here's mine: viewtopic.php?t=443303

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!
Dave8603
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jrab5286 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 am

Your team is absolutely loaded with batters. As another poster mentioned previously, you likely won't be replacing your starters with the reserves very often. Where I may differ personally though is perhaps as opposed to dumping a few reserves, you can attempt to package something together and add another quality starter or closer. If nothing else, in a few weeks, there is guaranteed to be at least one impact fantasy guy go down for a while with injury. If his owner isn't prepared for that, you may be able to overprice someone that you have a viable backup for and grab a top-end pitcher.

Where I notice a particular strength is in your OF. With Kemp, Jennings, Ellsbury, Gardner, Trumbo and even Austin Jackson, though I'm not a fan of his. There are likely owners out there who would offer a fantasy ace in exchange for one of those players and with such a solid backup available for whomever you'd opt to trade, the exchange value may be really high.

Honestly, your hitting is clearly solid, though there's not a ton of pop in the lineup but that being said, it may come down to your pitching. With few opportunities to get saves, you need the starters you have to just pitch lights out all season long. It's not an impossibility, but if I were you, I'd feel much better about it with one more solid--top arm in the lineup.

Mine is viewtopic.php?t=443587
jrab5286
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby SLBarnes » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks a lot for the advice, i'll certainly return the favor!

I was thinking of trading an OF for another solid pitcher. Who do you think I should go after? Our league is a keeper, we keep 7. One HAS to be a pitcher so it may be a bit more difficult than I'd hope.

Better question, who should I trade away for pitching? I"m leaning towards Sandoval... but I don't want to lose his homers but i think ppl have him ranked higher than he should be... i'm not sure.
SLBarnes
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team