Beltre and Kimbrel for Napoli, Morlaes and AROD? WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Beltre and Kimbrel for Napoli, Morlaes and AROD? WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltre and Kimbrel for Napoli, Morlaes and AROD? WHIR!!!

Postby 5050 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:31 pm

I am in need of a catcher because Jesus Montero may not be eligible until mid-may at the earliest. I also only have 1 closer at the moment even tho Matt Thornton and Broxton are available. Do you think I should trade Beltre and Kimbrel for Napoli, Morales, and Arod? I can maybe get Carl Crawford instead of Morales. I will help in return. Thanks.

C-Open
1B- Dunn
2B- Pedroia
3B- Beltre
SS- Jeter
LF- Soriano
CF- Kemp
RF- Bruce
Util- Morneau
Bench- Jesus Montero (Only eligible for Utility)
Bench- Ryan Howard
Bench- Jason Hawyard

Pitchers-
Edinson Volquez
Zach Grienke
Mad. Bumgarner
Josh Johnson
Josh Becket
Neftali Feliz
Matt Moore
Colby Lewis
Ervin Santana
Aroldis Chapman (for holds)
Greg Kimbrel
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltre and Kimbrel for Napoli, Morlaes and AROD? WHIR!!!

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:39 pm

I would cut Lewis and Feliz for Thornton and Broxton.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby 5050 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:40 pm

HOOTIE wrote:I would cut Lewis and Feliz for Thornton and Broxton.

Instead of doing that trade youd rather pickup these 2 closers? I'm going to put Howard on the DL so I can keep Feliz or Lewis too
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Seanyfever » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 pm

I like the move for cheap saves.... as I am not crazy about your proposed deal. Kimbrel and a lower end closer will net you just as much for far less risk.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 290)

Postby 5050 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Seanyfever wrote:I like the move for cheap saves.... as I am not crazy about your proposed deal. Kimbrel and a lower end closer will net you just as much for far less risk.

I appreciate the help. So I should wait for Montero to gain Catcher eligibility?
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:32 am

I would pick up Broxton and Thornton first. although depending on what the Sox do Thornton might not be the closer, instead it could go to Hector Santiago.

I would still try and get a catcher since Montero could be awhile getting C eligibility. what catchers are on waivers.

one thing you could look into. Kimbrel level closer. you could try and use him to get 2 safe mid level closers. Kimbrel last season had 46 saves, and maybe he gets that again. if you have 2 closers who each only got 25, there's 50 together. just an idea.

I'm not a fan of Volquez at all, so he is another name I would consider dropping. he really hasn't been any good since 2008.

help?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=443513
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 83)

Postby 5050 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:43 am

SpecialFNK wrote:I would pick up Broxton and Thornton first. although depending on what the Sox do Thornton might not be the closer, instead it could go to Hector Santiago.

I would still try and get a catcher since Montero could be awhile getting C eligibility. what catchers are on waivers.

one thing you could look into. Kimbrel level closer. you could try and use him to get 2 safe mid level closers. Kimbrel last season had 46 saves, and maybe he gets that again. if you have 2 closers who each only got 25, there's 50 together. just an idea.

I'm not a fan of Volquez at all, so he is another name I would consider dropping. he really hasn't been any good since 2008.

help?

Thanks man. Your analysis for sure helps and is much appreciated. Volquez had an okay game tonight and Padres stadium is pitcher friendly. I could use the K's dont you think? Jaime Garcia is available, Henderson ALvarez, Brett Myers as well. Also for catchers, only Suzuki, Doumit, and Yadier are available.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:50 am

5050 wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:I would pick up Broxton and Thornton first. although depending on what the Sox do Thornton might not be the closer, instead it could go to Hector Santiago.

help?

Thanks man. Your analysis for sure helps and is much appreciated. Volquez had an okay game tonight and Padres stadium is pitcher friendly. I could use the K's dont you think? Jaime Garcia is available, Henderson ALvarez, Brett Myers as well. Also for catchers, only Suzuki, Doumit, and Yadier are available.

last I heard Myers is closing in Houston. he is another guy who should be owned.

I think Volquez could have some good K's but hurt elsewhere. he has a problem with walks, as he did tonight.
I like Garcia better for ERA/WHIP and even wins, especially if he can only be used at home. the last 2 years Garcia has been much better at home.

EDIT: I also think Doumit is good. he will be playing every day for the Twins, mostly in RF. I wouldn't want to count on him long term with his injury history, but short term until Montero is C eligible Doumit could be beneficial playing every day.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 83)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 am

5050 wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:I would cut Lewis and Feliz for Thornton and Broxton.

Instead of doing that trade youd rather pickup these 2 closers? I'm going to put Howard on the DL so I can keep Feliz or Lewis too

J Garcia over Lewis or Feliz
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby 5050 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:43 am

SpecialFNK wrote:
5050 wrote:

help?

last I heard Myers is closing in Houston. he is another guy who should be owned.

I think Volquez could have some good K's but hurt elsewhere. he has a problem with walks, as he did tonight.
I like Garcia better for ERA/WHIP and even wins, especially if he can only be used at home. the last 2 years Garcia has been much better at home.

EDIT: I also think Doumit is good. he will be playing every day for the Twins, mostly in RF. I wouldn't want to count on him long term with his injury history, but short term until Montero is C eligible Doumit could be beneficial playing every day.

Thats great analysis. Thank a lot my man.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions