Hey All Rate My Squad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Hey All Rate My Squad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hey All Rate My Squad

Postby TitsMcGahee » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:10 pm

10 Team Auction Draft - 5x5 scoring league. Avg, Hr, RBI, SB, Rs, and Era, Saves, Ks, Whip, and Wins:

C Buster Posey
1B Eric Hosmer
2B Dusin Pedroia
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Troy Tulo
CI Aramis Ramirez
MI Dan Uggla
OF Hunter Pence
OF Corey Hart
OF Mark Trumbo
OF Austin Jackson
OF Jose Tebata
UTL David Freese
Bench Delmon Young

P Roy Halladay
P Ubaldo Jimenez
P Jon Lester
P Johan Santana
P Jason Motte
P Johnny Cueto
P Matt Thornton
P Ryan Dempster
P Neftali Feliz
Bench Mark Melancon
Bench Daniel Bard
DL Scott Baker

We start a lot of positions. What do you think of my team? Thoughts are I am going to be short on steals, the outfield is very thin as well. Pitching I will be short on Saves, any thoughts?
TitsMcGahee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hey All Rate My Squad

Postby TitsMcGahee » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:41 am

Anybody?
TitsMcGahee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby interchange » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:30 pm

Well your infield is really good at the thinnest positions. I think you can probably get a pretty good 1B to back up Hosmer, especially in a 10 team league. Your OF is not very inspiring. Jackson/Tabata are reaching really thin as starters for a 10 team league.

Pitching wise...Halladay and Lester cure a lot of ills, but I think the rest of your starters are gambles. Motte I believe in, but having only Thornton as your other closer is really not very good. He's not a ratios helper, either. I would dump Melancon at this point since Aceves is the closer for now.
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aerrico » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:52 am

I agree with the above post... you did a really good job at getting top notch players at C, 2B, SS, and MI. The OF is really weak for a 10 team league and is certainly a concern. Pence being your best OF is a real problem because that Philly offense is just not nearly as good as it was 4-5 years ago when Jason Werth was reaping the benefits of Utley, Rollins, and Howard. Howard and Utley are out of the lineup for now, and JRoll is not what he used to be anymore.

The other concern that I see on this team is the aging, and possibly injury prone 3B in ARod and Aramis Ramirez. I think you did a good job of getting Freese as a backup here so that if one of them goes down for a short period of time, you have an acceptable replacement... still something to keep in mind.... If one of them starts off really hot I would shop him and try to get someone of similar value but in their prime if possible. With that said, the power production in the lineup should be pretty solid especially if Hosmer is able to have the year a lot of people think he may.

The pitching is actually okay, as I think Lester and Halladay will stabilize the rotation, and you have some guys with some nice upside or bounceback potential in Feliz, Johan, Dempster, and Cueto. Ubaldo can be the wildcard in this rotation and if he has a solid year for the Indians your starting pitching could quickly turn into a strength. The closers can be considered somewhat of a concern, but I wouldn't worry about it too much as you should be able to shop the FA wire and grab a guy or two to help these numbers. One thing I suggest you do is to look for some guys in your league that are elite setup men with good K numbers such as Kenley Jensen, Tyler Clippard, David Robertson, etc. Even the guys that aren't going to see save opportunities are useful because they help your ratios a lot and people don't realize that they are there.

Hope this helps!

viewtopic.php?t=443693
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team