Chad Billingsley
Jhoulys Chacin
Eric Bedard
Jonathan Sanchez
Aroldis Chapman
Jake Peavy
Homer Bailey
Kyle Lohse

Looking for some general advice. Ideally, I'd like to swap in some pitchers and drop some hitters to even things out. I'm considering dropping Rios, Francouer, Molina and Lind.

Leave your link below. WHIR

Thanks for the help!
Dave8603
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my autodraft WHIR

Postby Dave8603 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 am

*Bump. Anyone?
Dave8603
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jrab5286 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 am

Interesting team...not bad for an autodraft team really.

What I like: Your hitting is SOLID! Pujols...Reyes...Ellsbury...etc. There is a lot of guaranteed production as well as some good potential in there. I love Werth this year...his draft value in regards to where he's been falling is huge and I think he has a big year after a disappointing (but not entirely unexpected) down season.

What I'm not a fan of: Your pitching isn't stellar. Yu Darvish...what can I really say about him? You're either sold on him or you aren't. With the history of Japanese pitchers coming over...I'm one that has to see to believe. Hudson is a stud in a weak-hitting division. Love him this season. Beachy is solid too. Scherzer...who knows with that guy? Personally, I don't like Danks at all as a starter but we'll see what comes of that. What I'm getting at though, is for top of your rotation guys, there are WAY too many question marks for me.

As for the free agents...I don't think Pena's hot start is an aberration. Drop someone like Francouer (honestly...do you ever see yourself slotting him in your starting lineup?) and snatch him up ASAP. I think Russell Martin is a better bench player for you than Molina, but that could be a matter of personal opinion. I also love Bedard this year. He's in a weak hitting division and plays for an up and coming Pirates team who get to play the likes of Houston and the Cubs for around 20% of their games. That's a dream for pitchers.

If you can swing it, I would try to make a trade for at top-end pitcher. If you're thinking blockbuster, I think it may be doable too. Just an example here, but if you're as sold as I am on Carlos Pena, get him off the wire. I think he's a solid 2nd tier fantasy 1B. Then, find a way to get the best pitcher you can out of Pujols...don't settle for anything less than an absolute stud or a solid ace and a reliable #2 pitcher as well. It's risky, but I think strengthening your rotation is an absolute must, however you choose to do so.

Best of luck and here is mine: viewtopic.php?t=443587
jrab5286
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Osubball131 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for the reply to my topic.

I think your hitting is amazing, and I have a tough time believing that anyone in the league could have a better top to bottom lineup than that. Your pitching is also pretty solid but not on the same level as your hitting. Like the previous poster said, your team lacks a true ace but you do have a few guys that could look an awful lot like one with a little luck. I'm not sure there is anyone worth picking up on the waiver if you have to drop one of your players but I like Danks, Bedard, Peavy and Billingsley as some high risk, solid reward pitchers to monitor during the year. I would also watch your closers, both could see themselves removed from the role with a few rocky outing so just be on your toes with them. Good luck!
Osubball131
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobsnits » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:09 am

Your hitting is spectacular. Generally speaking, I think you could just use more depth in your hitting bench and more solid pitching. If I were you, I'd pick up Bedard, Pena, and Niese and drop Lind (he's not what he was a few years ago), Molina, and Rios. Pena, when he's hot, is great, Niese is looking to have a good breakout year, and Bedard is always great when healthy.

viewtopic.php?t=443685
bobsnits
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team