04/05 - Cheering, Venting, Opening Day #3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

04/05 - Cheering, Venting, Opening Day #3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

04/05 - Cheering, Venting, Opening Day #3

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 am

Anyone? Anyone? Ok fine, I'll make the thread.

1:05 pm
Boston (Lester) @ Detroit (Verlander)

1:10 pm
Atlanta (Hanson) @ NY Mets (Santana)

1:35 pm
Philadelphia (Halladay) @ Pittsburgh (Bedard)

2:20 pm
Washington (Strasburg) @ Chi Cubs (Dempster)

3:05
Toronto (Romero) @ Cleveland (Masterson)

4:10 pm
Miami (Buehrle) @ Cincinnati (Cuteo)

7:05 pm
LA Dodgers (Kershaw) @ San Diego (Volquez)

Let the games begin.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 04/05 - Cheering, Venting, Opening Day #3

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 am

In a serious debate with myself whether to start Bedard against Philly today. Besides that I have no starters going.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Element » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:In a serious debate with myself whether to start Bedard against Philly today. Besides that I have no starters going.

I would. If Bedard is healthy is basically a must start. It's not his pitchability that's ever in question.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 761)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:27 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:In a serious debate with myself whether to start Bedard against Philly today. Besides that I have no starters going.

If you don't have a weekly start limit or a real severe IP limit, why not? The guy pitches well when he's healthy; he's healthy, and the Philly offense really isn't all that scary. Sure, his team may get no hit by Halladay, so maybe he doesn't earn a Win, but from what I recall that's a pretty free swinging Phils lineup, and Bedard is a nice K/9 pitcher, so what the heck. It may be your last chance to start him before his shoulder and/or elbow fall off :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:31 am

As a Pirates fan I am very cautiously optimistic about Bedard, but excited to see him today. I would love to see what the Pirates could do with a healty Bedard and Burnett. Maybe .500% :-o
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 95)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 am

In My Team News, I'm tossing Dempster and Romero today, and really not feeling too terrible about either.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:34 am

The ace pitcher to ponder today is Lester. Detroit's spring did nothing but strengthen the notion they can hit. When you top it off with Lester generally being a slow starter, it makes for a scary combo. In a couple of roto's I'm leaning towards sitting him. Anyone have a good feeling he's going to impress today?
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am

RedHopeful wrote:The ace pitcher to ponder today is Lester. Detroit's spring did nothing but strengthen the notion they can hit. When you top it off with Lester generally being a slow starter, it makes for a scary combo. In a couple of roto's I'm leaning towards sitting him. Anyone have a good feeling he's going to impress today?
If I own Jon Lester I'm starting him against anybody until he gives me reason not to. Boston is a pretty big dog to Verlander today, but I see no reason that Lester won't be Lester. You drafted/auctioned him in your league early/high enough to get his innings, so get them.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 am

bigh0rt wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:The ace pitcher to ponder today is Lester. Detroit's spring did nothing but strengthen the notion they can hit. When you top it off with Lester generally being a slow starter, it makes for a scary combo. In a couple of roto's I'm leaning towards sitting him. Anyone have a good feeling he's going to impress today?
If I own Jon Lester I'm starting him against anybody until he gives me reason not to. Boston is a pretty big dog to Verlander today, but I see no reason that Lester won't be Lester. You drafted/auctioned him in your league early/high enough to get his innings, so get them.

So I should definitely sit him then? ;-7

Weren't you one of the largest, "do the opposite of what this guy says" last season? O:-) :-D
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:55 am

RedHopeful wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

So I should definitely sit him then? ;-7

Weren't you one of the largest, "do the opposite of what this guy says" last season? O:-) :-D
In gambling, always. Last year in start/sit, yes, that was me (although I blame a lot of that on owning Liriano). Yet I still came in 1st and 2nd in my respective leagues ;-) I didn't hit my stride until July or so. You gotta figure though, the projections you had for Lester when you drafted him included all of his starts. If those are the numbers you want, you start him always. That's how I view my SP on the occasions that I do take them early (e.g. I drafted Greinke this year, and am trotting his ass out there every start until he gives me a reason not to).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers