Marlins Park - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Marlins Park

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Marlins Park

Postby jefferey13 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:The plus side of the lime green walls, they can do some crazy CGI during their broadcasts. Would be interesting to see if they use it for Advertising as the people at home can see the ads, but not anyone at the field itself.

You know I never thought of that. That seems like that would be a really good way to incorporate advertising.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 pm

A lot of parks already do that. Except with blue walls, not neon green.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 120)

Postby Tennessee Jed » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Skin Blues wrote:A lot of parks already do that. Except with blue walls, not neon green.

Really? I must have never noticed it aside from the blue screens parks have behind home plate. I mean like, say Stanton hits a bomb, they could theoretically put a huge McDonalds ad right where the ball goes out of the park, or do some cool effect as he circles the bases. just a thought
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Outfield walls, the backstop, scoreboards, video screens, any fat surface really. There are already ads all over the place. Local ads are physically in the stadiums but for TV broadcasts they superimpose different ones on top of them.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 120)

Postby Tavish » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:35 pm

kab21 wrote:I find the whole thing hideous also but Miami has a huge Latin (and especially Cuban) population. It's possible that this appeals to part of that demographic.
Racist

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby jefferey13 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Tavish wrote:
kab21 wrote:I find the whole thing hideous also but Miami has a huge Latin (and especially Cuban) population. It's possible that this appeals to part of that demographic.
Racist

Racist or not it was the specific intent.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Merlin401 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:50 am

Tavish wrote:
Racist

How is that racist? Different races, ethnic groups, etc have different preferences in general. Racial equality doesn't mean every race must be exactly the same in every aspect. It means we're all worth the same and we should be able to celebrate all of our unique differences.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Re: Marlins Park

Postby wrveres » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Merlin401 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Racist

How is that racist? Different races, ethnic groups, etc have different preferences in general. Racial equality doesn't mean every race must be exactly the same in every aspect. It means we're all worth the same and we should be able to celebrate all of our unique differences.

I'm 100% positive it was satire
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby interchange » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:32 pm

I live in Miami. Go to Miami Beach and everything looks like that. It's just the way it is.
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Merlin401 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Racist

Racist

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers