Rate my 10 Team 8X8 H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my 10 Team 8X8 H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my 10 Team 8X8 H2H

Postby mixmastamikal » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Ok I Play in a 10 Team H2H league with 8x8 scoring, most categories wins the week
the categories are
Batting
Runs/1/2/3/HR/RBI/SB/Ave

Pitching
IP-W-SV-K-ERA-WHIP- K/BB-K/9

being that many pitching categories are K reliant i opted to draft guys with high K/BB and K/9
Tried to make my batting pretty well balanced (high ave is good for this league in that more bases = more categories)
Here is my team

C-Yadier Molina
1-Adrian Gonzalez
2-Jemile Weeks
3-Pablo Sandoval
SS-Jimmy Rollins
OF-Cargo
OF-Jay Bruce
OF-Brett Gardner
Util-Paul Konerko
Util-Mike Aviles
Bench-Daniel Murphy
Bench-Ike Davis

SP's- Jared Weaver, Yovanni Gallardo, Tommy Hanson, Yu Darvish, Anibal Sanchez
Rp's- Sean Marshall, Kenley Jansen, Heath Bell, Kyle Farnsworth, Joel Peralta, Greg Holland.
DL- Drew Storen

What do you think winning team?
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my 10 Team 8X8 H2H

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 am

Strong outfield, but your 4-5-6 spots are weaker. I think the Rollins/Sandoval are much better in a redraft league, which I imagine you're in. You're pitching cats are super weird, you highly favor RP but then add in the cat IP to balance it out, which I think is a kind of dumb cat because it doesn't indicate success or skill in anyway, just that ability to stream pitchers. I assume you had 10th pick and took Gonzales? Then 11th you took Cargo, I probably would have shied away from that, I don't think they are the best 10/11 picks.

Overall B+ on hitting, and pitching I'm just not sure.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mixmastamikal » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 am

I Stream 3-5 pitchers a week and use the Rp's to pad stats. It is a weird format but when compared to a roto league it makes the Roto seem so boring. This is a very competitive, active league we are limited to 6 transactions a week and many teams use them all, every week it is really fun because the waiver wire is super active and it comes down to last day grudge matches quite often. If you can find nine people that are willing to go full bore on fantasy baseball i would highly recommend this format. Streaming in this format can win you K's, W's, and IP but it can rape you in the other categories in a heart beat. Also as you can tell we only have 23 roster spots and all closers and might be closers are rostered so the SP's FA pool is pretty deep.

I picked Ninth and it is a redraft league. I just really like Adrian and honestly had him in my top 5 rankings going into the season the guy has just been so consistent over the last 6 years, Stays healthy IDK just like him and think that now that he has one year under his belt in fenway he will be even better there this year. Cargo Is a great 5 tool player and I am biased cause i am a rockies fan so yeah maybe coulda done better but oh well we will see how that turns out.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby joeyg2323 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:07 pm

hittings good enough, bench is weak.
pitching is almost there. i dont see you winning IP, W, K with that many relievers. which could be a big risk in your format. i would drop holland or jansen for a SP

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=443547
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby mixmastamikal » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:57 pm

to fill those categories I usually stream 4-6 pitchers a week.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team