Podcasts? Who you like? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Podcasts? Who you like?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Podcasts? Who you like?

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:49 pm

I've got my magazines that are in the throne-room for reading....Not a great resource but always interesting. Now I've recently gotten into listening to podcasts when I'm doing some mindless work around the house or even when I'm exercising. Anyone have any favorites they'd like to share.

Thanks
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Podcasts? Who you like?

Postby saemick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

#1 is Razzball now that they have one. It's only once a week, but definitely my fav
After that, I basically try a handful; sometimes making it all the way through the podcast, sometimes not. the better ones IMO are:

Baseball HQ
Fangraphs
FantasyPros 911 (hit or miss)

Heck, I even listen to:
CBS, MLB, The Roundtable...sometimes just for comic relief though

But, I'm interested to see what others are listening to
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:19 am

I searched "baseball" and "fantasy baseball" in the iTunes podcasts last season and the ones that were daily were both by ESPN. It's pretty bad analysis for the most part and mostly throw-away stuff, but for the drive to and from work (and to and from Subway at lunch) it's at least got some news and anaylsis, and the fantasy podcast for each day is recorded in the morning and uploaded by lunch time which is a bonus since it's not old news yet at that point. On the regular baseball podcast Keith Law is occasionally useful, but it's painful to listen to Eric Karabell. I will be happy to switch to a new podcast if there's a good daily one. I listened to one from FantasyPros 911 and it was pretty bad. It was way too long and they rambled on about nothing for about 75% of it. Like overhearing two nerds having a conversation during lunch.

I'll definitely check out Razzball and Fangraphs. Are they daily? And Baseball HQ I think I listened to a bit last year but they were pretty spotty with uploading new episodes from what I remember.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 174)

Postby Mr Kite » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:29 am

saemick wrote:#1 is Razzball now that they have one. It's only once a week, but definitely my fav
After that, I basically try a handful; sometimes making it all the way through the podcast, sometimes not. the better ones IMO are:

Baseball HQ
Fangraphs
FantasyPros 911 (hit or miss)

Heck, I even listen to:
CBS, MLB, The Roundtable...sometimes just for comic relief though

But, I'm interested to see what others are listening to

+1
Mr Kite
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:52 am

I'm an ESPN Fantasy Focus 06010 podcast loyalist, for both baseball and football. They are informative and occasionally entertaining.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby twistedude » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Really enjoying the new Razzball postcasts as well, but Siano and Schwartz on fantasy 411 are the gold standard. Daily podcasts with in depth fantasy analysis (and very little fluff) over the entire season. Scott White and Al Melchior also do a great podcast on CBS sports.
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby RotoJosh » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:38 pm

I travel alot and listen to most of the fantasy podcasts available on itunes. In turns of entertainment, ESPN Fantasy Focus is the best. They offer recent news and Nate's analysis is usually good, Matthew's not so much. For info you can use in order of my preference: Fantasy Baseball from Fantasy Pros 911 (it's always long but only once a week and they have actually won me a few leagues with the advice in the past years), Baseball HQ, MLB Fantasy 411, Fantasy Baseball Roundtable (audio quality is sometimes sketchy), Baseball Daily Digest Radio, CBSports.com (their analysis is mostly geared to h2h points leagues). I've only listened to one of the razzball podcasts on a plane last week and it seemed ok. The worst of all is the Fantasy Sports Empires podcast as he's really general in his analysis and it sounds like he listens to all the others, writes down notes, and then records his podcast. Nothing original in his thinking and usually you keep saying "duh" during the whole podcast. Hope this helps.
RotoJosh
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 23)

Podcasts? Who you like?

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 am

Pretty much agree with what others are saying.. Espn fantasy focus is by far the most entertaining, makes for great drive-time radio. But, your not going to get any ground breaking analysis and most likely not getting anything you don't already know.

Some of the others can be more informative, but at the same time, are pretty dull.

I haven't tried fan graphs, though. Doesn't seem to be on iTunes?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 183)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:59 am

Fangraphs (one word) is on iTunes. And yeah they're all kinda dull except for the ESPN ones unfortunately. The Razzball one was OK but it's really annoying listening to Albright.

I'll give that fantasy pros 911 another shot, but they seem way too long. There is not 80 minutes of fantasy baseball news every single day. If they cut the time in half and were more focused it'd be a lot better.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 174)

Postby MaudDib » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:21 pm

It's not fantasy but "Up and In" is one of the better podcasts out there. Lots of information about baseball and prospects. Easily one of the better ones I listen to.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers