How badly am I in trouble? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How badly am I in trouble? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How badly am I in trouble? WHIR

Postby Mowntineer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 pm

This is a 12-team, "expert" league (except for the fact that we do not value relief pitchers). It's my first year with an invite and the way they value RPs drives me crazy, but I am trying to adapt. Knowing that RPs aren't that valuable, and that it is a weekly lineup, how do I look?

C - Carlos Santana
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Aybar
OF - McCutcheon
OF - Cruz
OF - Morse
Util - Markakis
BN - Encarnacion
BN - Daniel Murphy

P - Jiminez
P - Ervin Santana
P - Edwin Jackson
P - Vance Worley
P - Tim Hudson
P - Farnsworth
P - Papelbon
P - Henderson Alvarez
P - Edinson Volquez

The waiver wire ($90 budget) is VERY thin on pitching, so if you have any bright ideas, make sure they are essentially not on anyone else's radar.

Will help in return...thanks guys.
Mowntineer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How badly am I in trouble? WHIR

Postby jefferey13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:36 am

So was this a keeper league or auction? I'll assume it was an auction league probably, and I already think you know pitching is where you lack. Obviously you spent top dollar on your IF and so you will be solid there, and your OF is good too. So you don't need to worry about your hitting, but I would look into trading someone for better pitching. I would probably try and trade Cutch for a top level pitcher and mid level OF. I think if you could something like Cain for your rotation and Zobrist to be able to play 2B and OF would be awesome. You may not be able to get that accepted though.

You said WHIR, I don't have a team I need rated, so if you would just rate two other teams to help this forum get more feedback that would be great.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby V » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:09 am

jefferey13 wrote:So was this a keeper league or auction? I'll assume it was an auction league probably, and I already think you know pitching is where you lack. Obviously you spent top dollar on your IF and so you will be solid there, and your OF is good too. So you don't need to worry about your hitting, but I would look into trading someone for better pitching. I would probably try and trade Cutch for a top level pitcher and mid level OF. I think if you could something like Cain for your rotation and Zobrist to be able to play 2B and OF would be awesome. You may not be able to get that accepted though.

You said WHIR, I don't have a team I need rated, so if you would just rate two other teams to help this forum get more feedback that would be great.

Yeah, I have no idea how to rate how you did in the draft without knowing specifics (is it a keeper league, if an auction, what were your dollar values, etc., is it a 5x5 Roto or something else?)

What do you mean by how the league values RPs?
V
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mowntineer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 pm

For example, a middle of the road starter with a 4.25 ERA outscored Brian Wilson last year--this league just doesnt value them much and this is the first year they required a RP to be started each week.

It is a keeper, and auction. To keep a player you must spend $10 over what you spent to draft him. I kept no one and we started with $260. The only player I truly believed I overpaid for was Pedroia, but it wasnt too bad.
Mowntineer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mowntineer » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 pm

jefferey13 wrote:So was this a keeper league or auction? I'll assume it was an auction league probably, and I already think you know pitching is where you lack. Obviously you spent top dollar on your IF and so you will be solid there, and your OF is good too. So you don't need to worry about your hitting, but I would look into trading someone for better pitching. I would probably try and trade Cutch for a top level pitcher and mid level OF. I think if you could something like Cain for your rotation and Zobrist to be able to play 2B and OF would be awesome. You may not be able to get that accepted though.

Should have posted this in my original response, but when you say middle of the road OF, can you give me some names other than Zobrist?

I'm not a huge fan Zobrist as I already have Longoria.
Mowntineer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby interchange » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 pm

We need to know how your league is scored to give you advice.
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby V » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 pm

As for the waiver wire, pitchers I've been targeting late:

Liriano (probably already taken)
Bedard (probably already taken)
Bartolo Colon (he'll tire at some point this season, but ride him while he lasts)
Matusz (velocity is back, watch him carefully).
Paulino (gets Ks)
AJ Burnett (may be worth a flier as a change of scenery guy; gets Ks).
V
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team