Verlander and Sabathia Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby nycboy21 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey guys, I was just offered Heath Bell, Felix Hernandez, Jon Lester, Kendrys Morales, Justin Morneau for Justin Verlander and C.C. Sabathia. What do you guys think about that? It is a points league, according to the projections I will get 1,087.3 point from Verlander and Sabathia while i'll get 1,857.8 from the others.
nycboy21
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 4
Joined: 4 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:54 pm

easy take for me, felix is just as good as verland and CC so i look at like your getting lester, bell, kendry and morneau for CC.

i could give more advice if i saw the rest of your team.



viewtopic.php?f=29&t=443402
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby nycboy21 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:55 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:easy take for me, felix is just as good as verland and CC so i look at like your getting lester, bell, kendry and morneau for CC.

i could give more advice if i saw the rest of your team.



viewtopic.php?f=29&t=443402


The only thing is that I already have Votto so Morales and Morneau are almost useless because I only have one utility spot taken up by Billy Butler.
nycboy21
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 4
Joined: 4 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby MaudDib » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:22 am

I am not sure I really like it but it is close. Who would you drop if you accepted this trade?

At this point I think I would decline. It feels more like Felix/Lester for Verlander/Sabathia with a couple of guys he doesn't have a use for thrown in. And that doesn't seem like enough for those two pitchers.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Image
MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 8016
(Past Year: 381)
Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby nycboy21 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:41 am

I would probably drop Dexter Fowler, I need a SS or 2B, I have Ryan Roberts and Marco Scutero, he has Ian Kinsler and Starlin Castro, I proposed a trade for Verlander and Sabathia for the same pitchers and Ian Kinsler and he rejected it.
nycboy21
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 4
Joined: 4 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 am

nycboy21 wrote:
joeyg2323 wrote:easy take for me, felix is just as good as verland and CC so i look at like your getting lester, bell, kendry and morneau for CC.

i could give more advice if i saw the rest of your team.



viewtopic.php?f=29&t=443402


The only thing is that I already have Votto so Morales and Morneau are almost useless because I only have one utility spot taken up by Billy Butler.


if you can trade butler for another big SP then i would do it otherwise stay with what you have already
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 am

nycboy21 wrote:I would probably drop Dexter Fowler, I need a SS or 2B, I have Ryan Roberts and Marco Scutero, he has Ian Kinsler and Starlin Castro, I proposed a trade for Verlander and Sabathia for the same pitchers and Ian Kinsler and he rejected it.



so CC and verlander for bell, felix, lester and kinsler? this i kind of like
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby nycboy21 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:48 am

joeyg2323 wrote:
nycboy21 wrote:I would probably drop Dexter Fowler, I need a SS or 2B, I have Ryan Roberts and Marco Scutero, he has Ian Kinsler and Starlin Castro, I proposed a trade for Verlander and Sabathia for the same pitchers and Ian Kinsler and he rejected it.



so CC and verlander for bell, felix, lester and kinsler? this i kind of like


I offered him that and he rejected it
nycboy21
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 4
Joined: 4 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Verlander and Sabathia Trade

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:51 am

list you team and his team
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 946
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CraigMasbruch and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Jul. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cleveland at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Kansas City at Chi White Sox
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
Washington at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
Detroit at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
NY Mets at Seattle
(3:40 pm)
LA Dodgers at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Texas at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact