The Deal: Opening Night, America Edition - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Deal: Opening Night, America Edition

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WebHamster » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 am

Finally, after about a week of waiting, we’re finally at the real Opening Day … almost. Two teams take the field tonight, as the Cardinals and Marlins square off in Miami’s new stadium, and that’s it. By tomorrow morning, the season will have started for four teams; we’re getting there!
Tonight, we’ll watch Josh Johnson try [...]

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/2012 ... al0403.php
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 429)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Deal: Opening Night, America Edition

Postby BigZ38 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:03 pm

It's pretty clear from the way the MLB started this season that they hate fantasy baseball
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Where is wverves and gang with their daily threads? :,-(
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby grizfan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 pm

I am excited that the real opening night is here. I really dislike the idea of opening night being in Japan. I hope MLB is done doing this. I am glad Japan likes baseball, but they have their own league. MLB is America's passtime, and opening day for all teams should be here. It is just another way for the billionaires and millionaires to try to promote the game and get even richer. Meanwhile, people are struggling to get by and it costs a mininum of $250 to take a family of four to the ballpark. Makes me wonder how much they really care about the fans.

Anyway, enough of that. Play ball! Good luck to everyone this year in fantasy.
grizfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Tennessee Jed » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:54 pm

grizfan wrote:I am excited that the real opening night is here. I really dislike the idea of opening night being in Japan. I hope MLB is done doing this. I am glad Japan likes baseball, but they have their own league. MLB is America's passtime, and opening day for all teams should be here. It is just another way for the billionaires and millionaires to try to promote the game and get even richer. Meanwhile, people are struggling to get by and it costs a mininum of $250 to take a family of four to the ballpark. Makes me wonder how much they really care about the fans.

where are you getting $250 from if you don't mind me asking? maybe if you want good seats, but you can usually find tickets for around $20. I was just looking at the Nationals website and they have tix starting at $10. Bring your own food and drinks and you're spending $150 tops for pretty decent seats at most ballparks.
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:59 pm

'Merica
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby saemick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:
grizfan wrote:I am excited that the real opening night is here. I really dislike the idea of opening night being in Japan. I hope MLB is done doing this. I am glad Japan likes baseball, but they have their own league. MLB is America's passtime, and opening day for all teams should be here. It is just another way for the billionaires and millionaires to try to promote the game and get even richer. Meanwhile, people are struggling to get by and it costs a mininum of $250 to take a family of four to the ballpark. Makes me wonder how much they really care about the fans.

where are you getting $250 from if you don't mind me asking? maybe if you want good seats, but you can usually find tickets for around $20. I was just looking at the Nationals website and they have tix starting at $10. Bring your own food and drinks and you're spending $150 tops for pretty decent seats at most ballparks.

I live in Chicago; check out tickets at Cubs.com. It's ridiculous what they're charging for a ticket. $250 is a steal! And how can you NOT have 1 beer at a baseball game?!?
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tennessee Jed » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:42 pm

How can I not have 1 beer at a baseball game? Simple: drink before. That way you save $10 and still have a nice buzz going on through most of the game. I don't drink so it's not a problem I have to deal with :-D. I prefer to puff a bit of green before I head into a game, sometimes I'll smoke up one of the many scalpers and get fantastic deals on tickets. I always come prepared with a WaWa hoagie and a couple waters/gatorades in a cooler to bring in with me just in case I get the munchies and don't feel like spending $4 for a hot dog.
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby grizfan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:23 pm

I just got 4 tickets to a Mariners game. I am guessing it will be more than this (it always is), but this is what I am expecting:

4 lower level right center field - $184 ($46 x 4) - I know I could have went cheap and got the $20 ones ($15 plus fees), but I love the game and want the kids to enjoy the experience a little. Infield seats? I don't think so. Daddy is not made of money.
Parking - $20
Gas - $20 (roughly for an avg. family coming from suburbs?)
Food - $30 (you can bring in food, but no drinks. Well, I am not bringing in either, but say 4 dogs/4 drinks)
Souvineers - $20 (one $10 item for each kid. Hey, I want them to enjoy themselves and not cry.)
TOTAL - $274 - I am guessing some stadiums/cities are more and some are less, but Seattle probably a bit more than avg.
:-D
grizfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:28 pm

grizfan wrote:

I just got 4 tickets to a Mariners game. I am guessing it will be more than this (it always is), but this is what I am expecting:

4 lower level right center field - $184 ($46 x 4) - I know I could have went cheap and got the $20 ones ($15 plus fees), but I love the game and want the kids to enjoy the experience a little. Infield seats? I don't think so. Daddy is not made of money.
Parking - $20
Gas - $20 (roughly for an avg. family coming from suburbs?)
Food - $30 (you can bring in food, but no drinks. Well, I am not bringing in either, but say 4 dogs/4 drinks)
Souvineers - $20 (one $10 item for each kid. Hey, I want them to enjoy themselves and not cry.)
TOTAL - $274 - I am guessing some stadiums/cities are more and some are less, but Seattle probably a bit more than avg.
:-D
Looks like you're choosing to incur a lot of these expenses instead of choosing cheaper, alternative solutions. Which is all well and good, but really if that's the case, you really need to not be complaining.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers