Yahoo's ridiculous Waiver system - what to do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo's ridiculous Waiver system - what to do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo's ridiculous Waiver system - what to do?

Postby bigmck » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:41 pm

mikekim2121 wrote:The "free agent dollars" setting is what most people describe as FAAB. If you want to prevent the first come, first serve situations, that's a good plan.

I don't think you should add money to people who lose players to DL because that allows people to take more risks with injury prone players. It should be at their own risk and should not be rewarded for that.

In our league, we use FAAB for all pickups. DL and Minor League Replacements plus the normal pickups. For DL and ML replacement , the players are linked and the replacement must be dropped when the original guy is active again. The replacement gets the same salary as the DL / ML guy. == When we are bidding on a DL / ML replacement player we bid zero and this signifies that the player is linked. This system works very good and it takes away the advantage of the "first come, first get" replacements. I highly recommend it.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo's ridiculous Waiver system - what to do?

Postby converge241 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:11 am

So who added Acevas? And when?

And if this really bothers you (or your league as a whole) you really should go to a site that has continuous waivers and there are no free agents (or some hybrid)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner