Fair offers for Jennings ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Fair offers for Jennings ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fair offers for Jennings ?

Postby Surfs up » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:27 pm

I was hoping to get Jennings in my draft but didn't . Now I am putting together a couple of offers . what do you think? Fair enough to get him?

I give Cody Ross and Broxton He's a Red Sox fan He doesn't have a closer
I get Jennings and Hochevar He also has Buehrle or Worley

I give Mike Trout / Marlon Byrd is Trouts replacement
I get Jennings

My other hitters are Kendricks ( he had him last year and got Uggla this year ) Miggy,Hosmer, Longoria, Hanley, Barney ( MI ) Aviles, Lawrie, Gardner, Russell Martin, Span, Bautista, and Bruce.
Obviously I'm not going to give up Miggy, Bruce,Hosmer or Longoria. Maybe Hanley? he has only two years left. Once we draft a player we can protect them for three more years. a total of four. No extentions.
Thoughts?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 200)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Fair offers for Jennings ?

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm

The Ross/Broxton one is just absurdly bad. Trout for Jennings (lol @ Byrd, guy was a $1 bid in my 10 team NL only) is only possible if it's a salary cap league that makes Jennings really expensive and Trout really cheap and/or the guy's a Trout homer. Why trade a young talented outfielder that's in the bigs for another young talented outfielder that isn't in the bigs?

I'm not sure about a good match from your bats, either yours are much better than Jennings or just a clear edge over him and wouldn't deal straight up.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 pm

I play in a 12 team 25 man roster league. I grabbed trout late in the draft. after the draft anybody that had a minor leaguer or DL player that was drafted could replace them in the same order of the draft. Think about it. Thats 250 players on teams. Not much left to pick a replacement from. It had to be an outfielder and Byrd was about the best. And actually his numbers really aren't that bad. And as I said the owner of Jennings is a Red Sox fan and Ross has had a very nice spring.Plus he doesn't have a closer.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MaudDib » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 am

Deals aren't good. You have to think about why the guy would have drafted Jennings when he did. He isn't suddenly going to trade him for guys that went well after him in the draft. Trout will have some value especially when he gets called up but there was a reason you got him in the late in the draft. He doesn't suddenly become as valuable as Jennings who probably went 10 rounds earlier than that. Plus it sounds like he gets to keep Jennings for the next 3 years. Right now you are probably going to have to overpay the guy to get Jennings, meaning giving him a player that went a round or two ahead of Jennings.

With the two trades you are suggesting, I wouldn't even send a counter offer. It says to me that you are over-valuing your players and under-valuing mine. Ross might have a good spring but so did a lot of guys that won't be owned come July.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Surfs up » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:43 am

Yeah after looking them over I agree. He snagged Jennings a few spots ahead of me in the third round. I'll look things over and try to sweeten the deal. I'll check out his needs. Thanks for the eye opener ;-D
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions