David Freese - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

David Freese

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: David Freese

Postby interchange » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:46 pm

He's hitting in a good spot in a good lineup. He doesn't need to smack very many HRs in order to put up good value. The RBI will be there if he can maintain a solid average.
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 pm

interchange wrote:He's hitting in a good spot in a good lineup. He doesn't need to smack very many HRs in order to put up good value. The RBI will be there if he can maintain a solid average.

Agreed, I'd be happy with 20 HRs. If he hits .280 with 20 HRs, he'll push 100 RBI.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
interchange wrote:He's hitting in a good spot in a good lineup. He doesn't need to smack very many HRs in order to put up good value. The RBI will be there if he can maintain a solid average.

Agreed, I'd be happy with 20 HRs. If he hits .280 with 20 HRs, he'll push 100 RBI.
20 HR would be an excellent season for Freese. If he surpasses 15 he's doing alright, and that's having 2 already.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Element » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:17 am

I own him in a keeper league I took a team over in. I was trying to deal him over the past 2 months to no avail. The hot start could be just what the doctor ordered! ;-D
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Freese looks legit. The Cardinals as a whole look legit. Second time this young season they've hit 3 HRs in one inning.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Freese looks legit. The Cardinals as a whole look legit. Second time this young season they've hit 3 HRs in one inning.

They look hot, not legit because of the HR. That is not going to be a huge HR team (nor a bad one mind you). What is really legit about them is that top to bottom it is an extremely strong OBP team that doesn't give away a ton of outs and that just wears down a pitching staff. The power won't keep up for the Cardinals but they will still be a very good offense.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Ender wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:Freese looks legit. The Cardinals as a whole look legit. Second time this young season they've hit 3 HRs in one inning.

They look hot, not legit because of the HR. That is not going to be a huge HR team (nor a bad one mind you). What is really legit about them is that top to bottom it is an extremely strong OBP team that doesn't give away a ton of outs and that just wears down a pitching staff. The power won't keep up for the Cardinals but they will still be a very good offense.

I disagree. Berkman, Holliday, Beltran all could push 30 HRs if healthy. Holliday and Berkman have done it recently and Beltran has that kind of power, he's just not often able to stay healthy. I know 20 HRs would be a spike for Freese, but I see it happening. It is a lineup full of disciplined hitters and they're going to get pitches to hit if everybody stays healthy.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Maris09 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:41 am

Does Craig fit in there anywhere? So crazy that a 3/4 hitter from the World Series winner probably can't crack the lineup when he gets back.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 am

Maris09 wrote:Does Craig fit in there anywhere? So crazy that a 3/4 hitter from the World Series winner probably can't crack the lineup when he gets back.
Between Jay in CF and Descalso at 2B, and Berkman and Holliday needing their more than regular days off, I think he'll get his AB.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers