Ubaldo Intentionally Drills Tulo in ST - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ubaldo Intentionally Drills Tulo in ST

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ubaldo Intentionally Drills Tulo in ST

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:This reallyyyyy pisses me off as a Tulo owner. Glad the x-rays came back negative but hopefully Ubaldo gets a nice suspension. Jackass.

I can't believe that Ubaldo would clearly attack your fantasy baseball team like that. That punk has no respect for you whatsoever. }:-)

Exactly.

Was Tulo wearing a hoodie? :-o
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:Jimenez is a little cry baby.
If he wanted a long term deal like Tulo or Cargo, maybe he should have pitched better.
He has been horrible the last year and a half.
Even Cleveland is worried about his drop in velocity.
Tulo is the leader in Colorado. He has the respect of his teammates.
To blame Tulo is absurd.
Jimenez got in Tulos face after hitting him.

;-D Jimenez deserves a 10 day suspension

:-o :-? :-? I saw nothing that showed a suspension should be handed down. It looked to me like the pitch just got away and hit Tulo.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:50 am

HOOTIE wrote:Jimenez is a little cry baby.
If he wanted a long term deal like Tulo or Cargo, maybe he should have pitched better.
He has been horrible the last year and a half.
Even Cleveland is worried about his drop in velocity.
Tulo is the leader in Colorado. He has the respect of his teammates.
To blame Tulo is absurd.
Jimenez got in Tulos face after hitting him.

So after two above average seasons, finishing 3rd in the Cy Young balloting in 2010, he shouldn't expect to get a long term deal like the Rockies gave Tulo and Cargo? Put yourself in his shoes and I think you'd feel differently.

I am unable to find any reports of Ubaldo complaining to the media (though maybe he did) - I am of the impression that he complained to management and said he wanted to be traded if they didn't give him a long term deal. So how does that make him a cry baby?

If anything, Tulo was the crybaby. Instead of acting classy and saying "I wish Ubaldo the best" after he was traded, he had to call him out and say what a whiner he was by demanding a trade. Tulo was lucky he only got hit in the arm if you ask me.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:42 am

So after two above average seasons, finishing 3rd in the Cy Young balloting in 2010, he shouldn't expect to get a long term deal like the Rockies gave Tulo and Cargo? Put yourself in his shoes and I think you'd feel differently.

I am unable to find any reports of Ubaldo complaining to the media (though maybe he did) - I am of the impression that he complained to management and said he wanted to be traded if they didn't give him a long term deal. So how does that make him a cry baby?

If anything, Tulo was the crybaby. Instead of acting classy and saying "I wish Ubaldo the best" after he was traded, he had to call him out and say what a whiner he was by demanding a trade. Tulo was lucky he only got hit in the arm if you ask me.

Every player thinks they should get more then they really deserve.
I'm sure the Rockies had their reasons. Long term deals to pitchers aren't smart, especially with a guy like Jimenez, who has horrible mechanics.
Yes, Jimenez has cried ever since the trade, how the Rockies should have signed him long term.
All Tulo did was respond by saying, just go play for your team.
Tulo took 2 steps up and called Jimenez a chicken. Jimenez ran clear in to home plate, throwing his hands around towards Tulo to come get him. Tulo had the class to let the little baby throw his tantrum.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby mkultra » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:57 am

Bloody Sox wrote:Maybe if Tulo doesn't want to get hit, he should keep his trap shut. Not sure how this is any different than the other 600 intentional hit batters every year in MLB.

BIG difference. Intentionally hitting batters is generally reserved for in-game shenanigans. You hit my guy? One of your guys gets plunked. Your guys shows me up after hitting a homer? Plunked. Your guy takes out my infielder in an over-aggressive slide? Plunked. It happens and then you get your warning from the ump, and it usually settles down from there.

This is an off-field beef between a couple players. To carry your personal grudge into a game like that is just low class. If Ubaldo wanted a long-term deal with the Rockies, maybe he should have tried sucking less last year.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Maris09 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:30 am

SecretAgentMan wrote: ;-D Jimenez deserves a 10 day suspension and needs to learn to shut up and produce on the field. As noted, he has stunk for the past year and a half and I do not expect any resurgence this season.

People rarely get 10 game suspensions when it's blatantly obvious and in season.....what makes you think this one deserves double the normal punishment? No way.

HOOTIE wrote:Tulo took 2 steps up and called Jimenez a chicken. Jimenez ran clear in to home plate, throwing his hands around towards Tulo to come get him. Tulo had the class to let the little baby throw his tantrum.

How is Tulo the classy one for initially taking 2 steps up and calling Jimenez a chicken?
Neither deserves to be dubbed classy here.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:31 pm

All Jimenez had to do was say, sorry man, after he hit him.
If i got hit, i would have yelled at Jimenez too.
What's worse, getting drilled, which could cause serious injury, or answering back you chicken?
Tulo didn't charge the mound.
Jimenez came running clear up to Tulo.
Jimenez was not only wrong in hitting him, but running in after him.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:21 pm

HOOTIE wrote:All Jimenez had to do was say, sorry man, after he hit him.
What's worse, getting drilled, which could cause serious injury, or answering back you chicken?

What do you do if someone starts yelling at you, calling you names, and acts like he wants to beat the sh.t out of you, before you have a chance to say anything?
Im sure no player sais sorry. These are millionaire players with huge egos, so at that point it was past way beyond the point when anyone can say sorry.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:

What do you do if someone starts yelling at you, calling you names, and acts like he wants to beat the sh.t out of you, before you have a chance to say anything?
Im sure no player sais sorry. These are millionaire players with huge egos, so at that point it was past way beyond the point when anyone can say sorry.

You've certainly changed your tune since a few years ago.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:

Tulo called him a chicken, big deal.
It's not like he ragged on Jimenez mom or anything.
Jimenez could have just stayed on the mound, but he threw his glove down, pumped his chest, and ran towards the plate.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers