Scott Baker to Official DL - but not Y! DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Scott Baker to Official DL - but not Y! DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scott Baker to Official DL - but not Y! DL

Postby GTW » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Why hasn't Scott Baker been added to Yahoo's DL list yet? His player info blurb on the Yahoo page says he was and MLB's official site says he was earlier this afternoon. I understand there will be a bit of a delay when adding players to the DL in fantasy leagues. But when you consider Kyle Waldrop was also placed on the DL today by the Twins and he has been granted DL eligibility for Yahoo leagues something must be off.
GTW
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Scott Baker to Official DL - but not Y! DL

Postby BigLebowski » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Relax my friend...take a deep breath. ;-)
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 470)

Postby West » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:05 am

He's on the DL now. It usually takes a day. I'm probably screwing up what Genie has said before, but what I gathered from previous threads was that Yahoo gets their info from a third party stat provider (or whatever it's called) who gets their info from MLB. A lot of times they're just waiting on them. It's not like there's a guy in Yahoo's office who decided start drinking at noon yesterday and missed the Baker update.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby GTW » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:33 am

I get that, and I assumed Yahoo gets their stats from a third party. But something needs to be done about their DL system now that they're offering money leagues. The fact that Scott Baker owners had to wait over 10 hours after he was officially placed on the DL until they could move him there is not right. Especially when you consider Michael Pineda was placed on the DL before Baker and he still hasn't been officially added to MLB's DL yet. It was widely reported that he would begin the season there yesterday, but as far as the links below show he has not been placed there yet.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/team/ros ... p?c_id=nyy

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/?tc ... &year=2012
GTW
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby West » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:43 pm

GTW wrote:I get that, and I assumed Yahoo gets their stats from a third party. But something needs to be done about their DL system now that they're offering money leagues. The fact that Scott Baker owners had to wait over 10 hours after he was officially placed on the DL until they could move him there is not right. Especially when you consider Michael Pineda was placed on the DL before Baker and he still hasn't been officially added to MLB's DL yet. It was widely reported that he would begin the season there yesterday, but as far as the links below show he has not been placed there yet.

Says that Pineda is on the DL here:
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/injuries/#team147

I don't think that 10 hours is a long time to wait. I know that may seem like a long time in today's world of everything being updated to the second, but you probably should just relax. I get sick of everyone whining about a service as if the world is owed to them. I'm sorry that you chose a money league. If this kind of thing stresses you out you should probably do a free league. This is a game, after all.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Half of my team is headed to the DL but not actually on the DL. Really stinks in the league with no bench slots and weekly lineups.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GTW » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:23 pm

West wrote:
GTW wrote:I get that, and I assumed Yahoo gets their stats from a third party. But something needs to be done about their DL system now that they're offering money leagues. The fact that Scott Baker owners had to wait over 10 hours after he was officially placed on the DL until they could move him there is not right. Especially when you consider Michael Pineda was placed on the DL before Baker and he still hasn't been officially added to MLB's DL yet. It was widely reported that he would begin the season there yesterday, but as far as the links below show he has not been placed there yet.

Says that Pineda is on the DL here:
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/injuries/#team147

I don't think that 10 hours is a long time to wait. I know that may seem like a long time in today's world of everything being updated to the second, but you probably should just relax. I get sick of everyone whining about a service as if the world is owed to them. I'm sorry that you chose a money league. If this kind of thing stresses you out you should probably do a free league. This is a game, after all.

That is just a speculative injury report and I certainly would not consider it official. My point is whoever is running the Yahoo DL system is just going off what they feel will happen and not what actually has happened. There's no reason to put Pineda on the DL if the Yankees haven't done so themselves. He STILL has not been officially placed on the DL. Get my drift? The reason I mentioned how long it took Baker to be placed on the DL was to show the lack of a structured DL system. And for the record I don't play in the money leagues but if I did I'd certainly want it to be run with some regulations.
GTW
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:23 pm

I want to think this is likely an automated system and not some guy sitting at a computer flipping a switch? Its right there with the other stat-related complaints that seem to be out of yahoo's immediate control.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby West » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:57 pm

It does stink but I'm pretty sure CBS and ESPN are no different.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kab21 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:42 pm

Ender wrote:Half of my team is headed to the DL but not actually on the DL. Really stinks in the league with no bench slots and weekly lineups.

I always hate waiting for the DL to open up.

There are a lot of reasons for the inconsistencies though. I don't get bothered by it too much.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers