Just finally pulled off a big trade- How did I do??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Just finally pulled off a big trade- How did I do???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just finally pulled off a big trade- How did I do???

Postby eromano33 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:57 pm

10 team, 5x5, h2h.

i gave up:
A-Rod
Konerko
Chris Perez
Ryan Roberts

I got:
Eric Hosmer
Brett Lawrie
Neftali Feliz

and with the open roster spot I'm either going to pick up Justin Morneau or Lorenzo cain.

So once this goes through I will have this as my lineup:

C: Brian McCann
1B: Eric Hosmer
2B: Neil Walker
SS: Alexei Ramirez
3B: Brett Lawrie
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
OF: Jason Heyward
UTIL: Corey Hart
UTIL: Chris Young
BN: Danny espinosa
BN: Cain or Morneau
BN: Peter Bourjos

SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: CC Sabathia
RP: Jason Motte
RP: John Axford
P: Madison Bumgarner
P: Brandon McCarthy
P: Sergio Santos
P: Brandon League
BN: Derek Holland
BN: Neftali Feliz

I am going to try to move Walker and something for either Jemile Weeks or Dustin Ackley, because I HATE having walker as my starting 2b.
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just finally pulled off a big trade- How did I do???

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:03 pm

I like it.
Hosmer and Lawrie are the 2 best players, and i hate Perez, as i think Pestano gets the job at some point.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Nighttrain » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Right now I like the trade, but dont be suprized if you look back at this and say what was I thinking. Everything depends on Arod staying healthy. If he stays off DL all year, you will be a big loser on this one as I expect Konerko to perform like he did last year
Nighttrain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby eromano33 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:34 pm

should I try to buy a-rod back? i might be able to get him for heyward and something else
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Nighttrain wrote:Right now I like the trade, but dont be suprized if you look back at this and say what was I thinking. Everything depends on Arod staying healthy. If he stays off DL all year, you will be a big loser on this one as I expect Konerko to perform like he did last year

Year that is sort of buying into the hype of Hosmer and Lawrie at a fairly steep price. Feliz is completely unproven as astarter. Konerko is very good at the present. Arod is Arod and if he is healthy will put up decent numbers at a thin psoition. Of course who knows on the health situation, but I would have probably gotten something more guaranteed to part with Konerko. You could lose big in this deal this year if Arod has a decent year and one of Hosmer or Lawrie bust.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby GAC8666 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Nighttrain wrote:Right now I like the trade, but dont be suprized if you look back at this and say what was I thinking. Everything depends on Arod staying healthy. If he stays off DL all year, you will be a big loser on this one as I expect Konerko to perform like he did last year

I agree. Arod and Konerko could both have very solid years.. and the young guys Hosmer and Lawrie, though talented, could have a bit of a slide back from last year's success.
I wouldnt try to get Arod back.. I think you need to let things play out a bit. We all get very excited and anxious to start the year.. so this post draft pre season time is hard. Were all looking to make moves, but I dont think you should out think yourself on this one.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

Not bad. In a keeper that is a slam dunk but I'm not so sure about just for this year.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby eromano33 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:43 pm

GAC8666 wrote:

I agree. Arod and Konerko could both have very solid years.. and the young guys Hosmer and Lawrie, though talented, could have a bit of a slide back from last year's success.
I wouldnt try to get Arod back.. I think you need to let things play out a bit. We all get very excited and anxious to start the year.. so this post draft pre season time is hard. Were all looking to make moves, but I dont think you should out think yourself on this one.

Well I mean the way I am thinking about it, yes A-rod and Konerko are proven, but they are both in the late 30's. They could fall off big time at any point, starting this year, and I am saying that as a huge A-rod fan (yankee fan). Lawrie has Braun Potential and Hosmer could be votto-like. That's my thinking at least.
eromano33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GAC8666 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Well I mean the way I am thinking about it, yes A-rod and Konerko are proven, but they are both in the late 30's. They could fall off big time at any point, starting this year, and I am saying that as a huge A-rod fan (yankee fan). Lawrie has Braun Potential and Hosmer could be votto-like. That's my thinking at least.

Oh I agree. Like the other poster said right now its a solid trade you have the young and potential vs the experience and PAST production. Depends on whether or not the old guys can stay healthy. Still a fine trade. You have 2 very good promising young players.
GAC8666
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Quackman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:55 pm

you guys are crazy srry. This is a no-brainer if there ever was one. Konerko is so overrated. For some reason people like to ignore that he is like 36 with really bad knees. The chance that he doesnt hit DL at least once this year is like zero. Maybe 5%. A-rod same thing, although he has a better chance i think to stay healthy, it would be very lucky if he did. Every draft this year im shocked how early these two players are taken, given their age and injuries.

You did well on this one. Youth>old and injured
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions