Accept This Votto Blockbuster? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Accept This Votto Blockbuster? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Accept This Votto Blockbuster? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Stumped... Any advice? Assume keeper aspect not a huge factor.

I give: Prince Fielder, Ricky Romero, Jordan Zimmermann and Lorenzo Cain
I get: Joey Votto, Desmond Jennings, Sergio Santos and Kyle Farnsworth

12 Team H2H Daily with 6 Keepers Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means a keeper entering this season
Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY TEAM

C Alex Avila
1B Prince Fielder*
2B Dustin Pedroia*
3B Miguel Cabrera*
SS Hanley Ramirez*
OF Jacoby Ellsbury*
OF B.J. Upton
OF Torii Hunter
UT David Ortiz
UT Austin Jackson
UT Mike Moustakas
BN Lorenzo Cain

SP Roy Halladay*
SP Cole Hamels
SP Ricky Romero
RP Jose Valverde
RP Grant Balfour
P Jonathan Broxton
P Jordan Zimmermann
P Anibal Sanchez
BN Brandon Beachy
BN Aroldis Chapman
BN Colby Lewis
BN Mark Buehrle
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Accept This Votto Blockbuster? WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm

i wouldnt do this at all!!!

how much better is votto then fielder honestly? dont let prince playing in detroit scare you, victor went from bost to detroit and post .330/12/103, batting behind or in front of MIGS will boost your numbers he is the best hitter in the game.

Jennings vs Cain- jennings has all the hype about him is younger but cain is out for a breakout year, noteing that keeper status is not a factor i dont see jennings doing much better this year, but do expect jennings to have and better career

Romero and zimmeramn are both very very good starters. Romero i honestly think is very underratted.

In 19 starts last year, romeo was matched up against a team with a winning a record at the end of the season.
tampa-5, yankees-4, redsox-4, angles-2 and Braves,phillies, cardinals, and tigers-1

for a player to have to pitch in the AL EAST 13 out of 32 starts against rays,yankees and red sox is pretty tough.
besides the angles this teams were all bascaially playoff teams(lets pretend 2012 rules were in effect last year)

and for a pitcher to pitch 18 out of 32 starts(that is more then half for anyone bad at math) against playoff teams and have 15 wins, 175ks and a sub 3.00 era is pretty impressive and should be ranked way higher!!!

zimmerman is an unbelievable talent and will shine this year.

i would not get rid of those 2 SP for the 2 closers anyday.

i hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=442824
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Wadderboiz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:52 pm

joeyg2323 wrote:i wouldnt do this at all!!!

how much better is votto then fielder honestly? dont let prince playing in detroit scare you, victor went from bost to detroit and post .330/12/103, batting behind or in front of MIGS will boost your numbers he is the best hitter in the game.

Jennings vs Cain- jennings has all the hype about him is younger but cain is out for a breakout year, noteing that keeper status is not a factor i dont see jennings doing much better this year, but do expect jennings to have and better career

Romero and zimmeramn are both very very good starters. Romero i honestly think is very underratted.

In 19 starts last year, romeo was matched up against a team with a winning a record at the end of the season.
tampa-5, yankees-4, redsox-4, angles-2 and Braves,phillies, cardinals, and tigers-1

for a player to have to pitch in the AL EAST 13 out of 32 starts against rays,yankees and red sox is pretty tough.
besides the angles this teams were all bascaially playoff teams(lets pretend 2012 rules were in effect last year)

and for a pitcher to pitch 18 out of 32 starts(that is more then half for anyone bad at math) against playoff teams and have 15 wins, 175ks and a sub 3.00 era is pretty impressive and should be ranked way higher!!!

zimmerman is an unbelievable talent and will shine this year.

i would not get rid of those 2 SP for the 2 closers anyday.

i hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=442824

Read my mind. Exactly. What he said.
Wadderboiz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nighttrain » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:20 pm

I take the fielder side as I am not giving up that SP for closers
Nighttrain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby sigriffey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Good points by all.

I passed on this deal and instead went with my Romero and Austin Jackson for his Ian Kennedy.

I can replace Jackson and light Kennedy a hair more in the NL West with that improved team behind him.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:24 pm

That isn't a bad deal. A lot of people are pegging both Romero and Kennedy for regression, but at least Kennedy plays in a light hitting division versus the AL East for Ricky. Jackson is easily replaceable.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby sigriffey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:26 pm

bigh0rt wrote:That isn't a bad deal. A lot of people are pegging both Romero and Kennedy for regression, but at least Kennedy plays in a light hitting division versus the AL East for Ricky. Jackson is easily replaceable.

That's my thinking too. If all processes without issue, my team will be as follows (I will need to grab another OF bat like Yonder Alonso or JD Martinez from the WW):

12 Team H2H Daily with 6 Keepers Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means a keeper entering this season
Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY TEAM

C Alex Avila
1B Prince Fielder*
2B Dustin Pedroia*
3B Miguel Cabrera*
SS Hanley Ramirez*
OF Jacoby Ellsbury*
OF B.J. Upton
OF Torii Hunter
UT David Ortiz
UT Lorenzo Cain
UT Mike Moustakas
BN [EMPTY SPOT -- options on wire include Alonso, JD Martinez, etc.]

SP Roy Halladay*
SP Cole Hamels
SP Ian Kennedy
RP Jose Valverde
RP Grant Balfour
P Jonathan Broxton
P Jordan Zimmermann
P Anibal Sanchez
BN Brandon Beachy
BN Aroldis Chapman
BN Colby Lewis
BN Mark Buehrle
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby jtsandwich » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:42 pm

bigh0rt wrote:That isn't a bad deal. A lot of people are pegging both Romero and Kennedy for regression, but at least Kennedy plays in a light hitting division versus the AL East for Ricky. Jackson is easily replaceable.

I agree! Also, your closer are not reliable, Broxton may not close 15 games before he is replace. Balfour, who seems to have the spot secured is on a bad team and may also lose the gig. You gain 2 closers and can trade them if you are overloaded in saves. I like Votto just a touch more than Fielder, but that in my opinion is a toss up for the trade. Cain and Desmond will not be all that far apart this yr and yes Romero pitches in the AL East and not on NY or BOST.

You could pass, but I always seem to find a gem or 2 on the wire for SP's, thus I think I can always afford to give a touch in SP's.

Either way, it's pretty fair.
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 104)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions