Any free leagues with unlimited roster size? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Any free leagues with unlimited roster size?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any free leagues with unlimited roster size?

Postby nikmasteed » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello all-

My friends and I want to create a league where each roster is much larger than the average roster size, something like 60 up to maybe even 100 players per team. Our plan is to buy a box of baseball cards (660 cards) and choose players out at random and those players become our team.

Anyone know of a free site that would allow rosters that large? ESPN is the highest i've seen which has a max of 40 per team

Thanks in advance
nikmasteed
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Any free leagues with unlimited roster size?

Postby bigmck » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:29 pm

If you have 80 players on a team, would you have on each team maybe 30 OF, 10 1B etc. Just where do you find that many players in the Majors? No it sounds like a bad idea to me. The services that I know of, ESPN, CBS will not let you draft a player in a league more than one time.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jefferey13 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:42 am

What if your box of baseball cards is missing Pujols and Kemp? What if you draw like nearly all pitchers? or no pitchers?

I don't see how it could work.
jefferey13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikmasteed » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 am

If you are serious about fantasy baseball then you are correct, this would not work. My friends and I love baseball, but have only played fantasy baseball with very casual interest-- i.e. usually we draft teams, maybe throw $5 in each, then no one checks their team very much after that.

This is just our way to do something new, and an excuse to do something with baseball cards-- the object is basically to set it and forget it. If you buy a Topps cheap-o set, you'll get all the players and I believe no dups. If you draw all relief pitchers, then yeah that blows for you. But like I said, this is just an excuse to have some fun with cards. The actual playing out of the season will be a footnote. The only roster moves allowed are trades-- we're not the type of fantasy baseball players to maintain rosters throughout the season. I call it the "Ronco" Rotisserie league (set it and forget it).

And I'll fully admit that it could be terrible and no fun at all. However, I am hoping to find a site with larger roster sizes. So far the largest I've found is 40 on ESPN. If anyone has any better suggestions let me know.
nikmasteed
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner