Need Help! Desperate! Thanks! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need Help! Desperate! Thanks!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need Help! Desperate! Thanks!

Postby Wild Mice » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:37 pm

Can anyone please help me out? Autodraft picks, not sure what to do next. Thanks.

10 team roto league. R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OBP, SLG, GS, W, SV, K, ER, TB, HR, ERA, WHIP

C: J. Kendall

1B: A. Huff, R. Palmiero

2B: J. Kent, M. Loretta

3B: H. Blalock

SS: O. Cabrera

OF:M. Ordonez, L. Gonzalez, J. Gerut, L. Walker, J. Burnitz, M. Bradley, L. Matos

SP: P. Martinez, B. Webb, J. Moyer, C.C. Sabathia, M. Buehrle, E. Jackson, K. Lohse

RP: E. Gagne, D. Baez, B. Koch, O. Villareal
Wild Mice

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Entropy! » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:31 pm

The team looks good overall, but you've got some pretty major injury questions. Luis Gonzalez AND Larry Walker on the same team? You've got some good backups, but I'd try to swing a deal for a less injured starting OF. Hell, depending on how quickly Walker recovers, I'd even consider dropping him and picking someone up from the FA pool.

Pretty severe drop-off in closers after Gagne. Baez at least should have the job all season, so I think he'll be ok, but Koch is on REALLY thin ice. Move him if you can, or else consider dropping him outright. Obviously wait and see - he DOES officially start the season as the closer, but the first rough patch he hits, dump him. And if he does get off to a good start, try dealing him for an upgrade. Villareal is a nice guy to have - he'll pad your non-save stats while you wait for Mantei to suffer his annual injury.

Rotation looks good if they're all healthy, but there are a bunch of questionmarks there, too. Pedro HAS to stay healthy for your team to compete. Moyer HAS to fight off father time for one more year. Lohse should be a real nice pick up. Keep an eye on Beuhrle - he's a big questionmark. Could be a sleeper, could be a rally killer.

It might be sacrelidge to say it, but you might - and I stress MIGHT - want to consider packaging Pedro and Luis Gonzalez for a healthier starter and a bigger bat for your OF. It's nothing I'd do right away, but keep careful tabs on the health of both those guys.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
"Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

Don't elect Bush president... again!
Entropy!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

imo

Postby jpbusta » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:36 pm

solid team, but you can do better than that in a 10 team league.

R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wild Mice » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:54 pm

OK, so I should have a better team for a 10-team league. Any tips or suggestions on how to improve? I really like my infield, but after that, I'm a little overwhelmed.
Wild Mice

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Entropy! » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:15 am

Well, for starters, you should see if there's anyone in your league willing to take a chance on Walker. I wouldn't count on that, so you're probably stuck with Walker on your bench until he's healthy enough to get on a hot streak. Once he does, deal him as fast as you can. As for Gonzo... it's a tough call. He's having a really strong spring at the plate, but other teams will be testing his arm all season long - which means he'll have more balls hit towards him... which means more throwing back to the infield... which means a greater risk of missing time. He usually gets off to a hot start, so ride him out for a few weeks then try dealing him. He should bring back someone solid, since he's not typically known as an injury risk, at least not the way Walker is.

Keep an eye on Milton Bradley, too. Odds are good he's about to be traded - depending on where, his value might bump up a notch. Odds are the Dodgers are looking into him, though, which would probably hurt his power a bit. Might be worth it to shop him around as well.

"Whats so funny 'bout peace, love, and understanding?"

Don't elect Bush president... again!
Entropy!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team