Yahoo Stattracker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stattracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:30 pm

rich101682 wrote:No reason to be like that. The guy is voicing a few complaints/things that aren't working. That's actually what Genie encouraged people to do here, so it's certainly the right place.

And by your logic, you're not allowed to complain about ANYTHING baseball related, because that doesn't affect your "life" either. I'm sure if we go back through the archives here on the cafe, we can find examples of that.

Did he come across a little strong? Naybe, but it's understandable when we've had an amazing product like StatTracker has been for years, and now it doesn't work on some of the most basic levels. I agree that they shouldn't have released it in it's current form or should have a way to access the version that did work.

New around here or not, maybe cut the guy a little slack? If complaining about bugs bothers you, maybe stay away from this thread, since that's what it's for.
It's one thing to point out something that isn't working. It's another thing entirely to act like it's some giant inconvenience to you, or be ungrateful that we actually have an incredible resource here who listens to our issues with the game, or just generally act like an over-privileged putz. Those were the things that he was quoting. Not people commenting on what needed fixing, but the general piss poor attitude people love to have on their internet, and how 'fed up' they are with the product and how 'ridiculous' it is. It's Week 1. People love to forget that every year in Week 1 there are glitches that get worked out. Acting like it's some major inconvenience that annoys you, especially when the service is free, is a d-bag move, and there's a lot of people who make no attempts what so ever to not come off that way. It is what it is. Commenting on something to inform our excellent resource that there's an issue that needs attending is wonderful; unfortunately that isn't the route that a great many people go to, instead choosing to alert people who couldn't care less how miffed they are about it. It is what it is.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 377)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:39 pm

It was clearly his tone.
Notice how your tone was very conversational?

His wasn't. Not even close.

We are blessed to have the powers that be from Yahoo frequent our boards, and not just the data guys.

But some yahoo screaming cus a simple informational tool didn't record a hit exactly when it should, ruined his day, has a solid chance of compromising that.

Complain all you want. Just be civil. It's not that hard, and it's not too much to ask for.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:10 pm

I'd say ditto to wverves and h0rt.

To add to it, this thread is meant for reporting the glitches/bugs about StatTracker and not for bitching at the Genie's for it not working. Clearly they are here to help and receive these issues, they don't have to be. With that said, take it easy, they're working on it, adding features that we're asking for. For everyone saying this is a deal breaker, your stats on Sunday night will be correct in the system.

Now that I said that, you can ignore the rest. I'm glad they gave a new facelift to the old StatTracker, this looks visually better but also is a TON faster. Clearly it was rebuilt from the ground up as I bet the old version was probably compiled in AS2 because of it's age and is a huge reason that while you can QA internally, you're still going to have bugs when the full system is running with millions of instances. I'm fully confident these guys will pull it together and come September you guys won't even remember you had these issues.

I'm glad people are finding this thread and being welcomed to the Cafe, but the sense of entitlement needs to stop. People need to remember that you used to have to pay for StatTracker. Fantasy Sports is the one area that Yahoo! does extremely well, and with guys like the Genie's listening to our feedback, it will only get better.

To sum it up, IT WILL BE OK ;-D

Just report the issues as you come across.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppernob » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:39 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
To sum it up, IT WILL BE OK ;-D

Just report the issues as you come across.

Hear hear to all that.

I started this thread to thank them for listening to my biggest gripe. If you want to add to this be specific, bullet out what is not working, detail what you miss from the previous version, be specific about what you would love in next year's version.

Whinging is just a poor reflection on yourself, be constructive and specific in your criticism. Genie #1 and 2 can take it if you are detailed

For next year I would love an HTML 5 version so to be able to follow games on the iPad
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Coppernob wrote:For next year I would love an HTML 5 version so to be able to follow games on the iPad

I've longed for this, though if they even just did auto-updated matchup pages would be awesome. Then my laptop wouldn't try to run at 200 degrees while watching my stats.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Assistant Genie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks again folks for all of your feedback. We are aware that some of the calculated stats (ERA, WHIP, etc) are not updating properly in the display. I plan to spend a Sunday afternoon watching baseball and fixing that bug. No promises, but I'm hoping to kill it once and for all.

When you guys talk about pitchers (eg Ubaldo Jimenez) stats not showing up, do you mean in the box score? Or is there somewhere else that you are seeing this? I have seen the box score issue, but I want to make sure there isn't also somewhere else as well.

As for the league view, yes, it will update in real time as changes occur for the whole league.
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bogey9906 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:43 am

Assistant Genie wrote:Thanks again folks for all of your feedback. We are aware that some of the calculated stats (ERA, WHIP, etc) are not updating properly in the display. I plan to spend a Sunday afternoon watching baseball and fixing that bug. No promises, but I'm hoping to kill it once and for all.

When you guys talk about pitchers (eg Ubaldo Jimenez) stats not showing up, do you mean in the box score? Or is there somewhere else that you are seeing this? I have seen the box score issue, but I want to make sure there isn't also somewhere else as well.

As for the league view, yes, it will update in real time as changes occur for the whole league.

The pitchers' stats are not showing up in my Head to Head Stats page or in my team totals, either. As much as I'd like to forget Dan Haren's start or Sergio Santos' blown save today, they did actually happen.
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Postby theoneconstant » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:08 am

Here are a few things that would be nice to see fixed:

- The standings tab does not display divisions.
- The font is not as easy to read at a glance as the one in the old StatTracker or the league 'Matchup' pages. It also seems instead of a bold font for categories a team is winning, the categories a team is losing are greyed out.
- IP & H/AB do not display on the league summary page. This would be nice mainly for leagues (like mine) with minimum IP requirements
theoneconstant
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Assistant Genie » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Ok, so I lied. I didn't spend the afternoon watching baseball and fixing the app. I spent the afternoon watching the Masters and fixing the app.

Pitcher stats are now updating properly and they are showing in the box score.

All calculated stats are now properly updating when they should be updating.

If you are in a league with no pitchers, the app will no longer choke and die when you try to launch.

These changes will be in production early next week (i.e. in the next few days).
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ch3fbr1an » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:17 am

I really like the upgrades made to the stat tracker - scalability for resolution and clean, easy to read fonts in most areas. However, areas that are not easy to read are the most read and important frames. These fonts are not uniform to the rest of Stattracker, and are an eyesore. Other users have commented about them being hard to read, as well as being painful on their eyes and I agree. This seems like a simple fix and would greatly improve the look and feel of the newly renovated Stattracker. Below is a link to the section I am talking about, as well as an unexplained blank space.

i.imgur.
com/weWxH.jpg
(put this link together, since this is my first post, it's blocking me from posting links)

theoneconstant wrote:- The font is not as easy to read at a glance as the one in the old StatTracker or the league 'Matchup' pages. It also seems instead of a bold font for categories a team is winning, the categories a team is losing are greyed out.

baseballchick wrote:I usually love the Yahoo Stattracker, too. But the color scheme hurts my eyes. Literally. The font appears in light gray and I feel like Helen Keller when I look at it. Is there any way to change that? Thanks so much.
ch3fbr1an
T-Ball Trainer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers