Yahoo Stattracker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stattracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby Coppernob » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:26 pm

threelions wrote:
ideally, we'd like to see 3 columns of K, BB, and K/BB, but if only one column is allowed for one category, I guess the much more informative format 60/40 is preferred over just the ratio number 1.5. we can do the math ourselves.

The first thing is that I know they only have a column per scoring category the only exceptions being IP and H/AB so they will not split out the individual numbers that go into a ration UNLESS those individual stats are also a scoring category. i.e. if you also are scoring Ks and BBs for your pitchers then you will see a column for each.
The second thing is that there is no logic to your request. The scoring category IS a ratio, it is not an absolute, just like k/9 or ERA so 99.9% of users want the ratio, not have to go and calculate it manually
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby creepingdeath » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Not trying to overwhelm the genies, but ERA and WHIP are not updating after a pitcher is pulled. G. Gonzalez left after 3 2/3 innings after surrendering 3 ER's in the 4th inning, and his ERA and WHIP are showing 2.45/1.92, which is wrong and unlike the "My Team" page which is correct and updated, showing 9.82/2.73.

Thanks guys

When I shut down the stattracker and fired it back up, the stats were updated.
Last edited by creepingdeath on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creepingdeath
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't use StatTracker but I'd much rather have the fraction shown. I imagine that's a pretty common opinion. Otherwise you have no idea how close the matchup is. Is one K or one BB going to change the score? Or is it locked up? Ideally there would be the components of the ratio stats as well as the actual ratio.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)

Postby Merlin401 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:03 pm

* Count me in for liking just showing the ratio (not the suggested fractions that we'd have to go to our calculators for). If you choose categories that are ratios, thats what's going to be shown. What would be next, wanting TB, BB, HBP, etc next to OPS and so on for more complicated ratios. (Note, a simple solution might be to have K's as a category in your league too.)

* THANK YOU for fixing the order of stats in the pitching box scores. That was driving me crazy.

* Like some are reporting, there are categories that are not updating automatically and/or correctly but I suspect these are being worked on .

* Question: Is the league stats view of all stats for all matchups (which is a great feature btw) supposed to update automatically with each batter, or each inning, or with manual refreshing? Hopefully it will be with each batter like the rest (not sure if its currently working)
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AlexQueller » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:22 pm

It is 4:17 PM EST and Ubaldo Jiminez's stats aren't showing on Stat Tracker...this is seriously ridiculous. First David Ortiz was completely MIA from Stat tracker the other day and now this...There are glitches every single day....you guys need to get this fixed already or go back to the old Stat Tracker. I'm getting fed up with this, it's seriously atrocious
AlexQueller
T-Ball Trainer

Postby AlexQueller » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Why are Ubaldo Jiminez's stats not showing up on Stat tracker? Lots of glitches..........
AlexQueller
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Ryno23 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Some of my pitchers' stats aren't showing up in StatTracker, either.

I hope they get left out of the stat totals completely. :-D
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ricekrispytreat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:06 pm

I tend to agree with 'AlexQueller'

This is getting pretty pathetic. Pitchers are just missing entirely from the boxscore. Does yahoo have a QA department?

Can we please at least have the option to use the old version until this one is actually functioning?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the hard work, and I'm a developer myself but this product clearly was not ready to launch. Why not roll back or give us a url for old one until this one actually works? and then you can test it out in beta without forcing it on everyone...

And p.s. this isn't about just not liking the new design/not liking change, this is about core functionality not working or just missing entirely
ricekrispytreat
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby wrveres » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:42 pm

AlexQueller wrote:this is seriously ridiculous.
yawn
First David Ortiz was completely MIA from Stat tracker the other day and now this
yawn
There are glitches every single day
yawn
you guys need to get this fixed already
yawn
I'm getting fed up with this,
yawn
it's seriously atrocious
yawn.

I'm guessing you're new around here, and if so can you please tone it down a touch. If you can't, maybe you should take your temper tantrums to the yahoo boards.

This isn't effecting your "life", and if it is then maybe you need to examine a few things up stairs.

Clearly yahoo knows there are minor glitches, as there are probably 500 other screaming children tossing temper tantrums …they just aren't doing it HERE .

Thanks
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby rich101682 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:24 pm

No reason to be like that. The guy is voicing a few complaints/things that aren't working. That's actually what Genie encouraged people to do here, so it's certainly the right place.

And by your logic, you're not allowed to complain about ANYTHING baseball related, because that doesn't affect your "life" either. I'm sure if we go back through the archives here on the cafe, we can find examples of that.

Did he come across a little strong? Naybe, but it's understandable when we've had an amazing product like StatTracker has been for years, and now it doesn't work on some of the most basic levels. I agree that they shouldn't have released it in it's current form or should have a way to access the version that did work.

New around here or not, maybe cut the guy a little slack? If complaining about bugs bothers you, maybe stay away from this thread, since that's what it's for.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers