Yahoo Stattracker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stattracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:03 pm

I didn't read through the thread. So if this has been brought up then feel free to berate me or whatever. But Stattracker doesn't seem to be updating for me. The gamechannel scores just freeze exactly where they are when I load it and don't update unless I refresh the page. I'm running Google Chrome.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rich101682 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:03 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but nowhere in the Box Score for an individual game does it say if a player has hit a hoe run or stolen a base.

I know someone asked this before, but is there a way to get back to the old stattracker until this one becomes usable I feel like we're all stuck with a Beta version.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby upuck » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi, new here, but been using the Stat Tracker for 4 years now. I'm going to wait to pass judgment until the kinks get worked out. That being said, in addition to the other things I've read here, I noticed something today:

It seems as though in my head-to-head league, the ERA and WHIP in the "Matchup Details" don't continually refresh as the games progress.

I'll also give my big thumbs up to wanting my players highlighted when they are at bat, and the whole "2nd Up, On Deck, etc." Hugh reason to use it -- then I can watch my players when they are doing their thing...

Matt
upuck
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Assistant Genie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:07 pm

We just released a new version about an hour ago (if you right click on the app after it loads, you should see something about version 1.1.2).

This version fixed a few bugs and put in a few features that you guys were asking for, the biggest of those being that we now indicate in StatTracker when a player is at bat, on deck, 3rd up (in the hole) or on base. We also bold a player if they are at bat.

Lots of other fixes in there as well, so let us know how it is working for you.
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby threelions » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Hello, Genie, our league uses the category K/BB instead of K. Appreciate if you can put on the exact number of Ks and BBs instead of merely a fraction number. Thanks. :)
threelions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby theoneconstant » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:03 pm

threelions wrote:Hello, Genie, our league uses the category K/BB instead of K. Appreciate if you can put on the exact number of Ks and BBs instead of merely a fraction number. Thanks. :)

The stat is a ratio. That's how ratios work, just like batting average is the H/AB ratio and slugging percentage is TB/AB.

For example If a team has 50 Ks and 25 BB, the K/BB ratio is 2. If the opposing team has 60Ks and 40 BB, the K/BB ratio is 1.5 and that team loses the category. It would look ridiculous if the matchup said Team A: 50/25, Team B:60/40
theoneconstant
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby baseballchick » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Just stumbled across this site and I love it.

I usually love the Yahoo Stattracker, too. But the color scheme hurts my eyes. Literally. The font appears in light gray and I feel like Helen Keller when I look at it. Is there any way to change that? Thanks so much.
baseballchick
T-Ball Trainer

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:06 pm

theoneconstant wrote:
threelions wrote:Hello, Genie, our league uses the category K/BB instead of K. Appreciate if you can put on the exact number of Ks and BBs instead of merely a fraction number. Thanks. :)

The stat is a ratio. That's how ratios work, just like batting average is the H/AB ratio and slugging percentage is TB/AB.

For example If a team has 50 Ks and 25 BB, the K/BB ratio is 2. If the opposing team has 60Ks and 40 BB, the K/BB ratio is 1.5 and that team loses the category. It would look ridiculous if the matchup said Team A: 50/25, Team B:60/40
You used a poor example in H/AB, because those show compiled in total, not simplified (e.g. if your team is 10/30, it's not going to simplify to 1/3, which is apparently what is happening on K/BB).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby threelions » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:10 pm

theoneconstant wrote:

ideally, we'd like to see 3 columns of K, BB, and K/BB, but if only one column is allowed for one category, I guess the much more informative format 60/40 is preferred over just the ratio number 1.5. we can do the math ourselves.
threelions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby higherpie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Some things still aren't updating right. You can see Starlin Castro is 1 for 2, but his AVG still shows 1.000, OBP is 1.000, and OPS is 2.000.

(Thanks for getting the At Bat bolding, On Deck, etc. back in there!)

EDIT: About 10 minutes later, the stats did update to what they should be without me having to re-launch ST. Strange.

Edit #2: Starlin got a hit in his 3rd at bat, and all the rate stats updated immediately and correctly this time.
Last edited by higherpie on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers