Yahoo Stattracker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stattracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby jnormy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Hey Genie, question re. Stattracker. I realize sponsors pay the bills and online banners are a necessary evil, but is there anything you can do about the freecreditscore.com banner that appears periodically at the bottom of the Stattracker window? The problem is that it actually covers up the bottom-most stats in the window. If a tool that is offered to follow the stats has something that's covering up some of those stats, I would think that something needs to be changed.

Any insight on this... is there any way to at the very least reposition the banner somewhere so it doesn't restrict viewing some of the stats? Thanks man!
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:00 pm

jnormy wrote:Hey Genie, question re. Stattracker. I realize sponsors pay the bills and online banners are a necessary evil, but is there anything you can do about the freecreditscore.com banner that appears periodically at the bottom of the Stattracker window? The problem is that it actually covers up the bottom-most stats in the window. If a tool that is offered to follow the stats has something that's covering up some of those stats, I would think that something needs to be changed.

Any insight on this... is there any way to at the very least reposition the banner somewhere so it doesn't restrict viewing some of the stats? Thanks man!

I'll pass on that feedback, thanks.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby kiddlattimer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 pm

im having a problem now where StatTracker doesnt load at all... it just says "Waiting for sports.yahoo.com" and eventually it gets a "server hangup" message.

I'm on a Macbook pro and tried it in Chrome and Safari if that helps
kiddlattimer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dennismenis3 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Have been having same problem on Firefox and Chrome for several days. After couple browser closes and restarts it sometimes works. Today it started up first try for me though.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Assistant Genie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 pm

kiddlattimer wrote:im having a problem now where StatTracker doesnt load at all... it just says "Waiting for sports.yahoo.com" and eventually it gets a "server hangup" message.

I'm on a Macbook pro and tried it in Chrome and Safari if that helps

I checked with some people that are much smarter than me and this is an issue that we are trying to get to the bottom of.

In the mean time, I would suggest clearing your browser cache and trying again. I know that is possibly the most useless solution of all time, but it just worked for me with Safari.

When retrying, if your popup window is white for more than a second or two, try again. You don't need to wait for the "server hangup" message.
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dennismenis3 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Don't know if this is related at all but, top of stattracker says "A Yahoo! User" where it usually shows name...and when I changed lineup because one of my players isn't playing tonight I reloaded stattracker several times before it worked.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby hondo4mvp » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:24 am

Dennismenis3 wrote:Don't know if this is related at all but, top of stattracker says "A Yahoo! User" where it usually shows name...and when I changed lineup because one of my players isn't playing tonight I reloaded stattracker several times before it worked.

Oh please.This happens every year when football season starts.

Yahoo uses the servers they were using for baseball for football now that there are only a few baseball teams left in contention at this time of year and that's why the FBB servers hang up every year during the playoffs and shaft the good players who have worked all year to get to the final FBB rounds.

Thanks Yahoo,I love you too.
hondo4mvp
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:14 am

hondo4mvp wrote:
Dennismenis3 wrote:Don't know if this is related at all but, top of stattracker says "A Yahoo! User" where it usually shows name...and when I changed lineup because one of my players isn't playing tonight I reloaded stattracker several times before it worked.

Oh please.This happens every year when football season starts.

Yahoo uses the servers they were using for baseball for football now that there are only a few baseball teams left in contention at this time of year and that's why the FBB servers hang up every year during the playoffs and shaft the good players who have worked all year to get to the final FBB rounds.

Thanks Yahoo,I love you too.

If you want to dislike us, I suppose we can't stop you, but if you could refrain from making up completely untrue statements, it would help everyone.

Baseball and football are served from the exact same servers. And on a Friday, they're serving very little football traffic for that matter. So your explanation is nonsense, to be quite frank. I was out of the office today, but it sounds like the Assistant Genie was on the job, and someone in the office is looking at it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers