Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stattracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby bayside » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:58 am

Assistant Genie wrote:
Assistant Genie wrote:
Tornon wrote:
I'm having these exact problems, but it's not when switching views.. it's when new games start or end. Everything works fine for me but as soon as a new game starts or a game finishes then everything freezes and I have to restart the app

Interesting that you are seeing this when games end. I'll take a look at that. Thanks for narrowing it down.

Ok, so I just ran the app for a while as the late games were ending (this is what I do on my Friday nights), and two good things happened:

I got an error on the machine that was running the production version (the 1.1.19 - the one you guys see) that caused the exact behaviour that you guys are describing. In software engineering terms, we'd say that I can replicate the issue. This is the first step to fixing the bug.

The really good news is that I did not get the error on the latest version that I am running internally. Looking at the error report closely, I can see that it happened in a place that I cleaned up some code as one of the boat load of little bugs that I decided to attack for pretty much this exact reason.

So, what I'm saying to you is that, (a), I'm a bit punchy at 1 in the morning and (b) this issue will go away on Tuesday.

I love it when a plan comes together.

sweet! thanks asst Genie. keep up the good work ;-D
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JoeJoeBB » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:20 am

Hey Genie, keep up the good work! ;-D I can't wait til Tuesday and I can't imagine how complex the code must be so it can work on all of the various browsers. I'm starting to warm up to the Blue Jays just a tiny bit.
JoeJoeBB
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Now today I've just been clicking on my team and none of the players show up.
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 39)

Postby kiddlattimer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Assistant Genie wrote:
Assistant Genie wrote:
Tornon wrote:
I'm having these exact problems, but it's not when switching views.. it's when new games start or end. Everything works fine for me but as soon as a new game starts or a game finishes then everything freezes and I have to restart the app

Interesting that you are seeing this when games end. I'll take a look at that. Thanks for narrowing it down.

Ok, so I just ran the app for a while as the late games were ending (this is what I do on my Friday nights), and two good things happened:

I got an error on the machine that was running the production version (the 1.1.19 - the one you guys see) that caused the exact behaviour that you guys are describing. In software engineering terms, we'd say that I can replicate the issue. This is the first step to fixing the bug.

The really good news is that I did not get the error on the latest version that I am running internally. Looking at the error report closely, I can see that it happened in a place that I cleaned up some code as one of the boat load of little bugs that I decided to attack for pretty much this exact reason.

So, what I'm saying to you is that, (a), I'm a bit punchy at 1 in the morning and (b) this issue will go away on Tuesday.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Thanks Genie!

If I may make one more suggestion ... is it possible to have a button that shows you your team's roster directly?

I know you can accomplish the same by finding your team in a list, but it would be easier to be able to just click to your roster directly if the slidebars have your team hidden or you are browsing game stats.

I believe they had that last year... maybe it's already in there and I'm just missing it.
kiddlattimer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bayside » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Perhaps this has already been addressed with the latest version scheduled for release tomorrow, but the season stats listed under the players are not correct:
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby threelions » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:57 pm

4th week into the season, they still can't get it fixed. No wonder yahoo's cutting jobs. :-C
12-team h2h 5X5 non-keeper
J.Montero,Pujols,Craig,Plouffe,Middlebrooks,TROUT,Gordon,Ethier,Butler
KingFelix,Cain,Price,McCarthy,Lewis,Hansen
Myers,Nathan,Casilla,Romo
threelions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Assistant Genie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:45 pm

The new version goes out tomorrow (Wednesday), not today.

My bad.
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dennismenis3 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Ease up a little Threelions, they are fixing things as fast as we bring them up, while at the same time they are implementing many of our suggestions on how to improve the product. I'm sure it isn't easy to do both at once. Every time they add something new, they have a whole new set of code to debug...It has been weeks now and MLB's fantasy league for top-ten lineups still has no working Scoreboard or Live-updating page of any kind, not even a matchup page. The Genies are constantly writing and re-writing codes and phone apps to try to keep us up and running with new features. They are paying direct attention to our requests on Yahoo! Give them credit for their attention to detail and response rate!
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby JoeJoeBB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Dennismenis3 wrote:Ease up a little Threelions, they are fixing things as fast as we bring them up, while at the same time they are implementing many of our suggestions on how to improve the product. I'm sure it isn't easy to do both at once. Every time they add something new, they have a whole new set of code to debug...It has been weeks now and MLB's fantasy league for top-ten lineups still has no working Scoreboard or Live-updating page of any kind, not even a matchup page. The Genies are constantly writing and re-writing codes and phone apps to try to keep us up and running with new features. They are paying direct attention to our requests on Yahoo! Give them credit for their attention to detail and response rate!

Well said DM3.
JoeJoeBB
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kiddlattimer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Assistant Genie wrote:The new version goes out tomorrow (Wednesday), not today.

My bad.

Genie, did this roll out Wednesday morning or perhaps later in the day?

I'm still having the same issue... it froze when the Cubs/Cards game started at 2:20 today.
kiddlattimer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers