Yahoo Stattracker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stattracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby bayside » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Im also having all kinds of issues with Stattracker.
Its not updating consistently at all, and when i switch leagues or matchups it just hangs up and causes my browser to freeze in which case I have to close the entire browser including all tabs.
Also even when if I refresh the page it still doesnt show any current stats or game scores. For example the Sea/Cle game is currently in the bottom of the 4th inning, but even after refreshing the page several times stattracker shows it in the top of the 3rd.
Ive tried both Chrome and FF and have the same problem with both.

edit - now i KNOW it must be broke, cuz mine says Granderson hit 3 homeruns in a single game. :-D
Last edited by bayside on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Assistant Genie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Ursa wrote:
GTW wrote:StatTracker hasn't been working correctly for me since last night's games. At first it was the same problem as Slayer Rules mentioned above, but now it immediately freezes and doesn't update anything. I'm using Chrome.

I'm using Firefox and it's freezing though nowhere near as bad as last night. It also has most of the finished games scores reversed e.g. CWS won 5-3...... um, no they didn't.

Gotta say that this new version is light years better than the old one when it works. It doesn't hog all the PC resources either.

We've fixed the wrong team winning issue as well as a metric boat load of other small bugs. We've also added a few cool new features. I believe we are back to a regular release schedule, so keep your eyes open next Tuesday.
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bayside » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Stattracker is still not updating correctly.
And now it freezes every time I try to switch from matchup to game view.
Also the page doesn't move when you slide the the slider bars, so i can only see the top few players in opponents lineup.
Anyone else having these problems??

Just a suggestion:
It opens up in full screen now which is great. But wouldnt it make more sense to have the entire matchup (both your own team AND all of the opponents team) be viewable on a single screen with no slider bars neccessary?
The biggest issue with the old stattracker wasnt necessarily the size - rather it was the fact that you couldnt expand it to see the entire matchup, and and needed to move the page around with the clunky slider bars.

Its pretty disappointing that even with the new full screen capability, there is now so much unused space at the top of the screen (look at how many pixels the overall "matchup score" takes up, and how many pixels are used for the header at the very top - about 1/5th of the total screen, easily enough room to fit the whole matchup if that wasted space was reduced) that the same clunky slider bars that continuously lock up are still needed.
Again just a suggestion, but it would make the application much more user friendly.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tornon » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:17 pm

bayside wrote:Stattracker is still not updating correctly.
Also the page doesn't move when you slide the the slider bars, so i can only see the top few players in opponents lineup.

I'm having these exact problems, but it's not when switching views.. it's when new games start or end. Everything works fine for me but as soon as a new game starts or a game finishes then everything freezes and I have to restart the app
Tornon
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby higherpie » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Tornon wrote:

I'm having these exact problems, but it's not when switching views.. it's when new games start or end. Everything works fine for me but as soon as a new game starts or a game finishes then everything freezes and I have to restart the app

Ditto.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Re: Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Assistant Genie wrote:We've fixed the wrong team winning issue as well as a metric boat load of other small bugs. We've also added a few cool new features. I believe we are back to a regular release schedule, so keep your eyes open next Tuesday.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Assistant Genie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:48 am

Tornon wrote:

Interesting that you are seeing this when games end. I'll take a look at that. Thanks for narrowing it down.
Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Assistant Genie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:05 am

Assistant Genie wrote:
Tornon wrote:

Interesting that you are seeing this when games end. I'll take a look at that. Thanks for narrowing it down.

Ok, so I just ran the app for a while as the late games were ending (this is what I do on my Friday nights), and two good things happened:

I got an error on the machine that was running the production version (the 1.1.19 - the one you guys see) that caused the exact behaviour that you guys are describing. In software engineering terms, we'd say that I can replicate the issue. This is the first step to fixing the bug.

The really good news is that I did not get the error on the latest version that I am running internally. Looking at the error report closely, I can see that it happened in a place that I cleaned up some code as one of the boat load of little bugs that I decided to attack for pretty much this exact reason.

So, what I'm saying to you is that, (a), I'm a bit punchy at 1 in the morning and (b) this issue will go away on Tuesday.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Assistant Genie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ursa » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:58 am

Assistant Genie wrote:
Ursa wrote:
GTW wrote:StatTracker hasn't been working correctly for me since last night's games. At first it was the same problem as Slayer Rules mentioned above, but now it immediately freezes and doesn't update anything. I'm using Chrome.

I'm using Firefox and it's freezing though nowhere near as bad as last night. It also has most of the finished games scores reversed e.g. CWS won 5-3...... um, no they didn't.

Gotta say that this new version is light years better than the old one when it works. It doesn't hog all the PC resources either.

We've fixed the wrong team winning issue as well as a metric boat load of other small bugs. We've also added a few cool new features. I believe we are back to a regular release schedule, so keep your eyes open next Tuesday.

I look forward to it. Once these bugs are ironed out, it'll be great. It's been due a makeover for a while and I like the new interface a lot. ;-D
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby I Stumped the Schwab » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:53 am

Yahoo has been having issues in general, on my team page it said David Ortiz had two runs scored even though the Sox were down 3-1.
I Stumped the Schwab
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 39)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers