Yahoo Stattracker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stattracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Stattracker

Postby Coppernob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Clap clap genie...

Finally can I can give up on java and the "classic" version :-)

The new stattracker is scalable and has lost the myriad of up/down left/right sliders. That was my biggest per peeve.
It also seems snappier to load and then switch between leagues - the previous was so slow i usually had one copy per tab to speed things up

I think I am really going to like the "League stats" tab which (I think) is new and will be very much used on sunday afternoons...

Did i miss anything?

Well it is still in Flash so no ios support and I have not tried it under android but my big hope is that the Yahoo ios App will have some form of Live tracking in it when it is released. If it dsoesnt that would be a huge downer.

Maybe next year HTML5?
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Stattracker

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Heh, I hated the original stat tracker, liked the one from the past few years and don't like this new one. I guess I'm just backwards! The new one is just too busy, it isn't pleasant to look at. I do like the league stats page for the H2H leagues, that is a nice addition.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby higherpie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Scalable StatTracker... tears of joy!Nice work Genie and the rest of the Yahoo team!
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mortician » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:13 pm

I liked the prior one too.... scalable is nice and team stats for h2h is nice, but i liked the old design. wish that one coulda been kept, with the added improvements. But im just being greedy.... The green bar had still better pop up for a score on gamechannel. That was my favorite part.. Watching while your batter is up and then BAM, green bar! Happiness!
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby mblax10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 pm

A couple huge steps backwards in the new Statracker.

1.Only stat categories my league has are listed. No more IP or H/AB. No easy way to tell if Brandon McCarthy just took the mound or has thrown 7 IP. Coco Crisp has a .000 BA, is he 0-1 or 0-5? These things are very important.

2.If I'm looking at the league stats (this is not a new feature) and I want so see why another team in my league jumped up 20 points today, it takes multiple button clicks to view their player's stats. Last year I just clicked the team name on the left side.

Genie-Is their anyway I can load the 2011 Stattracker?
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby higherpie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:45 pm

mblax10 wrote:1.Only stat categories my league has are listed. No more IP or H/AB. No easy way to tell if Brandon McCarthy just took the mound or has thrown 7 IP. Coco Crisp has a .000 BA, is he 0-1 or 0-5? These things are very important.

This is dead on. IPs and ABs are a must. I already sent a message to Yahoo! Customer Care (as Genie asked us to do since he's at Spring Training) asking them to add those back.
higherpie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bayside » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:34 pm

agree with the above.
not showing Innings Pitched, and Hits/At Bats, is a huge oversight.
Those items are essential, and completely negate the new features.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bayside » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:44 pm

also another (less important) issue:
when you click on "WEEK" and "HITTERS" why does it show some of my pitchers as bench hitters.
When I then click "PITCHERS" those pitchers dont show up at all.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Merlin401 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:14 am

higherpie wrote:
mblax10 wrote:1.Only stat categories my league has are listed. No more IP or H/AB. No easy way to tell if Brandon McCarthy just took the mound or has thrown 7 IP. Coco Crisp has a .000 BA, is he 0-1 or 0-5? These things are very important.

This is dead on. IPs and ABs are a must. I already sent a message to Yahoo! Customer Care (as Genie asked us to do since he's at Spring Training) asking them to add those back.

Agree you have to have ABs, Hits and IP. The most important reason is on Saturday and Sunday I'm always doing calculations to see "ok, if I go 4-25 I would still have a good enough average" or "if my guy goes at least 1-5 in the night game, I'll hold onto my average lead". Similar calculations are always being done with ERA and WHIP but these now require you adding up a ton of stats from each day for both teams which will be very annoying.

Much less important, but why get rid of games behind in the standings?
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Merlin401 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:22 am

Also less important but why in the world does the order of the stats in the pitching boxscores go:

IP R H ER

I lol'ed at that.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers