My Austin Jackson/Buerhle for Santos/Farnsworth whir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Austin Jackson/Buerhle for Santos/Farnsworth whir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Austin Jackson/Buerhle for Santos/Farnsworth whir

Postby sigriffey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes or no?

12 Team H2H Daily with 6 Keepers Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means a keeper entering this season
Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY TEAM (pending a recent deal)

C Alex Avila
1B Prince Fielder*
2B Dustin Pedroia*
3B Miguel Cabrera*
SS Hanley Ramirez*
OF Jacoby Ellsbury*
OF B.J. Upton
OF Austin Jackson
UT David Ortiz
UT Torii Hunter
UT Mike Moustakas
BN Lorenzo Cain
BN Colby Rasmus

SP Roy Halladay*
SP Cole Hamels
SP Ricky Romero
RP Jose Valverde
RP Grant Balfour
P Jordan Zimmermann
P Anibal Sanchez
P Brandon Beachy
BN Aroldis Chapman
BN Colby Lewis
BN Mark Buehrle
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Austin Jackson/Buerhle for Santos/Farnsworth whir

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:04 pm

i kind of like it. you will virtually lock up saves every week. jackson can be replaced with cain and having a strong pitching rotation losing buerhle wont hurt you.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=442652
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby mpieco » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Sure, why not. I guess this guy is high on Austin Jackson batting in front of Fielder and Cabrera...but you can't be driven in if you don't get on base (ooohhh burn).

Buerhle is definitely not much of a loss--I bet there's better than him on the wire right now.

So turning spare parts into 2 closers is a nice idea. Just be careful with the OF--don't thin it out too much. I'm expecting you to hit on either Cain or Rasmus, so you'll probably be ok.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thatguysound » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:11 pm

I have to ask... did the other manager propose this? Or is this your proposal to him/her?

I like it for you a ton, but I'm not sure if the other manager will like it. It's not too often that you get two of the better closers for a borderline 3rd OF and the least desirable starter on your staff.

I'm assuming that you are proposing (or thinking about proposing) this deal to the other manager, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. If the other manager offered that deal to YOU... then I have to wonder why you wasted all this time discussing it with us. You should have accepted that deal three weeks ago.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby sigriffey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:15 pm

thatguysound wrote:I have to ask... did the other manager propose this? Or is this your proposal to him/her?

I like it for you a ton, but I'm not sure if the other manager will like it. It's not too often that you get two of the better closers for a borderline 3rd OF and the least desirable starter on your staff.

I'm assuming that you are proposing (or thinking about proposing) this deal to the other manager, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. If the other manager offered that deal to YOU... then I have to wonder why you wasted all this time discussing it with us. You should have accepted that deal three weeks ago.

He proposed it to me. Two questions:

1. Will I miss Jackson's 11 triples?
2. Projections for Farnsworth?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby thatguysound » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:29 pm

sigriffey wrote:
thatguysound wrote:I have to ask... did the other manager propose this? Or is this your proposal to him/her?

He proposed it to me. Two questions:

1. Will I miss Jackson's 11 triples?
2. Projections for Farnsworth?

1. I think triples are one of the hardest categories to count on. You have enough speed that I think you will hold your own on a week to week basis even without Jackson.
2. Not as good as last year, but still should be a serviceable closer if he stays healthy. I figure he's good for an ERA in the 2.90-3.20 range, WHIP around 1.15, 30+ saves, 40-50 K. You'll still have to play closer roulette on the waiver wire, but you'd have to do that anyway. And I really like Santos this year.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 pm

So Is this a concensus no Brainer then?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby thatguysound » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:55 pm

I'd do it if it were my team. Outside of the possible triples total, I don't see AJ or Buerhle as irreplaceable. Santos and Farnsworth aren't either, but you have a much smaller pool of players that could replace them. There are dozens of sticks on the WW that, with the right managing, could make up most (if not all) the production that Jackson and Buerhle will give you.
As of 8/4/13
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm

sigriffey wrote:So Is this a concensus no Brainer then?

no brainer

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=442652&p=3495037#p3495037
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby RyeWhiskey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:45 pm

No brainer. Accept. ;-D
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager