Rate my team, please! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team, please!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team, please!

Postby JJVall12 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 am

Hello,

I just recently drafted with my buddies in a 10 team H2H EC ESPN Standard league. It was an auction draft. Was hoping to get some thoughts from others on how my team came out. Mind you, this was my first auction as I have done snake drafts in years past. Here it goes:

C: Alex Avila ($10)
1B: A-Gon ($27)
2B: Danny Espinoza ($2)
3B: Miguel Cabrera (eventually) ($40)
SS: J.J. Hardy ($14)
2B/SS: Gordon Beckham
1B/3B: Michael Morse ($16)
OF: Nelson Cruz ($22)
OF: Curtis Granderson ($25)
OF: Jason Heyward ($9)
OF: Josh Willingham ($15)
OF: Logan Morrison ($6)
Util: Adam Dunn ($9)

SP: Pineda
SP: Kuroda
SP: Gio Gonzalez ($13)
SP: Jonathan Sanchez ($2)
SP: Clay Bucholz ($1)
SP: Max Scherzer ($8)
SP: Brandon McCarthy ($2)
SP: Tim Hudson ($1)
RP: Andrew Bailey
RP: Drew Storen
RP: Jordan Walden

Couldn't remember all of the dollar values off the top of my head and some are a off here and there, but close enough. I also tend to ignore steals.

Thanks guys!
JJVall12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team, please!

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:45 pm

It looks like you grossly overpaid for both JJ Hardy and Josh Willingham.

I dont like your middle infield situation, not guys I like at all... I dont like Espinoza, Hardy, or Beckham... They wont find their way on to any of my fantasy teams. ESPECIALLY Beckham.

Your corner infield and Outfield are the strengths of your team, but your OF isnt as deep as it could be. Heyward should be fine, and Granderson and Cruz go without saying. But after that Willingham and Morrison are question marks. Not a huge fan of the last 2, hopefully they can least give you 25 home runs a piece, with an average that doesnt kill your team too much. Thats a best case scenerio for those 2 guys in my eyes this year.

You definitely saved your starting pitching a bit with picks like McCarthy, and Buchholz. Its funny that your cheapest starters are 2 of my favorites of the whole group. I am NOT a big Kuroda or Pineda fan. Usually pitchers dont do too well when they come to Yankee Stadium, CC Sabathia being the only exception. Jonathan Sanchez if nothing else will get you strikeouts, so he was also a decent pickup for cheap. I'm not COMPLETELY sold on Gio Gonzalez, but he WAS a sleeper of mine a couple years ago before he officially broke out. I'm skeptical about his price though.

Your closers are fine, you have 3 closers who should be safe to keep their job the whole season.

Your team needs some work and this by no means is a winner, but there are guys that outperform their draft position (or lack there of) every year. Guys like Morse, Melky Cabrera and Francoeur last year. Just keep your eyes on the hot hitters/pitchers and maybe sell high on a couple guys this season if possible and you can turn this team around.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Re: Rate my team, please!

Postby JJVall12 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Thank you for the response and advice. I didn't want to pay so much for Hardy, but I figured he would give me some pop at the position. Same goes for Espinoza, but I'm not really happy about how I went about the 2B position. My draft got derailed a bit from my plan as a few OF such as Pence and Bruce went well over the limit I had set for them. My thinking with the Yankee pitching is that they will get run support even if the ball flies out of that ballpark. I've always been pretty decent at working the waiver wire in the past so hopefully I can make improvements in the pitching department as well as middle infield.
JJVall12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team