Need help with a roster adjusted and WW - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need help with a roster adjusted and WW

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help with a roster adjusted and WW

Postby bodsquad » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:56 pm

I play in a contract/keeper league and I am worried about my MI position. I have Kelly Johnson, Emilio Bonifacio, Jed Lowrie, Brian Roberts. I know very weak. We also have prospects on a second roster and I have ackley. I want to save him for next year, if I can, but he is an upgrade compared to Lowire or Roberts.

I can also drop an OF- JD Martinez, Kubel or quentin. I am solid at OF with BJ Upton, Gardner, Hamilton, C. Young, Morse, Joyce. The league does not have many FA pickups due to contracts.

I am concerned that Roberts is going to miss a lot of time and then I am stuck with Lowrie. Do I drop Roberts or one of the OF and call up ackley. The best MI available is drew, furcal, beckham.

any thoughts?
I think I need to call up Ackley and drop martinez. Roberts could be valueable he he can stay healthy.
bodsquad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need help with a roster adjusted and WW

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 am

Drop Roberts, Martinez is a useful OF.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Need help with a roster adjusted and WW

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:40 am

Agree on Martinez, he could be a good player. I'd think about dropping Roberts for Beckham, at least to start the year. No guarantees with him, but if he works out, you can delay the Ackley call-up. Otherwise, Ackley's always an option. (I'm assuming midseason call-ups are allowed, I'm not sure how leagues like this work.) I have no faith in Roberts returning soon or strong.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions