Yahoo Keeper Status Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Keeper Status Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Keeper Status Question

Postby dripps29 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Hello everyone, thanks for reading. I'm a Commissioner of a Yahoo league and we decided to add keepers this year. Effective this year, any player drafted in the 9th round or later is eligible to be kept for an additional season, and six players are kept year to year. My question is how can I assign keeper eligibility (with the "k" indicator) on yahoo to all the players drafted in the 9th round or later? It was my understanding that once the draft was over, I could go in and "tag" all the eligible players, but it seems I'm not able to do that. Any help would be appreciated.
dripps29
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Keeper Status Question

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 am

dripps29 wrote:Hello everyone, thanks for reading. I'm a Commissioner of a Yahoo league and we decided to add keepers this year. Effective this year, any player drafted in the 9th round or later is eligible to be kept for an additional season, and six players are kept year to year. My question is how can I assign keeper eligibility (with the "k" indicator) on yahoo to all the players drafted in the 9th round or later? It was my understanding that once the draft was over, I could go in and "tag" all the eligible players, but it seems I'm not able to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess the best way to explain it is that the keeper indicator ends up going on any player that *is* kept, not any player that is *going to be* kept, or more accurately in your case *might* be kept. So this year there isn't any good way to do what you're suggesting. The way it typically works is that next year your league can designate keepers online, and you can then slot them into a custom draft order. And any player you slot into a custom draft order as a keeper gets the K symbol next to them.

For the rules you've designed that is only mildly useful. It will make it clear to people they can't be kept again, I guess. I am starting to more seriously consider if we need to let you put costs next to *any* player, and not just keepers. I've now heard a few league rules where that might be useful. There are some things that might make that a bit sticky, but not impossible. I'll have to think about it...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner