Shields, Michael Young and Beltran for Pineda, Felix, Prado? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Shields, Michael Young and Beltran for Pineda, Felix, Prado?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shields, Michael Young and Beltran for Pineda, Felix, Prado?

Postby xxxtheizxxx » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:34 pm

I get Pineda, Prado and Felix.

I give Shields, Michael Young and Beltran.

Only reason I am asking is that I consider Beltran a risk and I'm not sold on Shields since last year was really his only good year.
Pineda has experts guessing he might get 20 wins and Felix should do good. Prado is the only down side IMO.

Regardless of what I have said, please share your opinion as it is needed. Thanks
Last edited by xxxtheizxxx on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxtheizxxx
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade help?

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:38 pm

i haven't seen anybody saying Pineda gets 20 wins, that's crazy.
His velocity is down to 92, there is a chance he could start in AAA.
Shields over Pineda
Beltran over Prado
Felix over Young
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Shields, Michael Young and Beltran for Pineda, Felix, Pr

Postby xxxtheizxxx » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Seriously would like more advice. I see the views, but I would like to hear from you guys.
xxxtheizxxx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Let's look at each player individually
Shields - He had a couple of down years in 2009 and 2010 but prior to that he was an ace. And last year his numbers were outstanding. Most rankings have him in top 15 SP.

Young - After being written off as a defensive liability and past his prime Young only put up a .338 BA with 100 RBI's and 213 hits last season. Hitting in the heart of the Rangers lineup he still has tons of value, not to mention his multi position eligibility.

Beltran - After two injury riddled seasons Beltran rebounded in a big way hitting .300 with 22HR, 84RBI with poor offenses. He is no longer a speed threat but I wouldn't be surprised to see a small spike in his steals with the Cards. Is in a much better lineup and still only 34.

Pineda - Very impressive rookie numbers and a move to a better team should help his win totals. But his ERA and WHIP may both rise because he will be facing tougher hitting teams (Boston, TB, Toronto) more often.

F Hernandez - After two incredible seasons of a sub 3.00 ERA and sub 1.15 WHIP KIng Felix saw a spike in his ERA by 1 full run and a 15 point rise in his WHIP. He's pitched 3 straight seasons of 230+ innings. A definite workhorse but will be hard pressed to reach 15 wins.

Prado - A staph infection last season put him on the shelf for 5 weeks and that contibuted to his bad numbers. He is a .300 hitter in a potent lineup and should see a bounce back. At best though he is a poor man's Michael Young.

Based on this if it were me I think I'd keep Shields/Young/Beltran.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 160)

Postby xxxtheizxxx » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks a lot, Irish! Very informative.
xxxtheizxxx
College Coach
College Coach