What needs improvement? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What needs improvement? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What needs improvement? WHIR

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Here's my main team. Its a 14 team league, roto league that I've been in for 14 years, the league has been around for about 17 years. Start 12 hitters and 8 pitchers.

Here's my team. I'll list salaries and identify keepers with a "K". Can keep between 1 and 12 per year. Standard scoring (only difference is Wins x 2 - losses) $260 to spend on 20 starters. Very deep league. There is a 10 round reserve draft after the auction and all 14 teams have between 30 and 35 players. First off, what do you think of the team? Any categories that need improving? I know SS is weak, but what can I afford to give up and what can I get back? I have 4 spots available to add without dropping a guy, but each move costs money. I'm very experienced, but always like others opinions. Thanks in advance!

C- Arencibia - $3- K
1b-Pujols- 51
2b-Zobrist 13- K
3b-Sandoval 20- K
SS- S. Drew 2
CR- Moustakas 5- K
MI- Kendrick 7- K
OF- Maybin 10 K
OF- Boesch 5 K
OF- J Upton 42
OF- Rios 8 (guy I was bidding against had $8 left)
DH- Ike Davis 9
BE- C Ianetta
BE- 1B Rizzo
BE- SS Cliff Pennington
BE- OF Bay
BE- OF Parra

P- Strasburg 3 K
P J. Santana 5 K
P Wainwright 5 K
P Cueto 5 K
P Halladay 42
P Nolasco 3
P Balfour 1
P Storen 5 K
BE- Bedard
BE- Collmenter
BE- Dickey
BE- Skaggs
BE- Matt Harvey
BE- Brett Myers
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What needs improvement? WHIR

Postby Element » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Doesn't look too bad. You may be chasing strikeouts at some point. Obviously, you'll need a SS with Drew out too.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 610)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What needs improvement? WHIR

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Element wrote:Doesn't look too bad. You may be chasing strikeouts at some point. Obviously, you'll need a SS with Drew out too.


You think? I think the combination of Strasburg, Wainwright & Doc would get it done. But of course I'm not objective and try to have realistic projections for my guys. Nolasco, Santana and Cueto should pitch in at least 140-160 a piece, no?
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What needs improvement? WHIR

Postby germani40 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Not a bad team. You just need a SS. I am not a big Pennington fan so I would look to find another one. I have Drew and I dont know if he is going to be back before May
Keep
C Napoli
1 Butler/Davis/Hosmer/Dunn
2 Young/Utley/Zobrist
3 Moustakas
SS Bonifacio/E Cabrera
OF Grandy/Choo/Reddick/Kubel
SP Anderson/C Lee/Oswalt
Haren/Moore/A Sanchez
RP Soriano/Myers/Johnson/Aceves/Parnell
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 696
(Past Year: 98)
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What needs improvement? WHIR

Postby Element » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:57 pm

AmazinSiddFinch wrote:
Element wrote:Doesn't look too bad. You may be chasing strikeouts at some point. Obviously, you'll need a SS with Drew out too.


You think? I think the combination of Strasburg, Wainwright & Doc would get it done. But of course I'm not objective and try to have realistic projections for my guys. Nolasco, Santana and Cueto should pitch in at least 140-160 a piece, no?


Perhaps, but we're not talking about the most reliable group here. Strasburg will be shut down at 160 innings. Wainwright is coming off of TJ, so who really knows how good he'll even be or how well he'll hold up over 30+ starts. Doc is your 1 solid guy. The rest of the crew I would view more or less as spot starters. Cueto probably gets a good number of starts, but regression is more or less expected. That all said, if there is an area that I would rather be lacking on this time of the season it would be with my rotations.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 610)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What needs improvement? WHIR

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:08 pm

germani40 wrote:Not a bad team. You just need a SS. I am not a big Pennington fan so I would look to find another one. I have Drew and I dont know if he is going to be back before May


I'm not either but I'm hoping in his age 27 season (typical do or die season) he does not and not dies.
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What needs improvement? WHIR

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Element wrote:
AmazinSiddFinch wrote:
Element wrote:Doesn't look too bad. You may be chasing strikeouts at some point. Obviously, you'll need a SS with Drew out too.


You think? I think the combination of Strasburg, Wainwright & Doc would get it done. But of course I'm not objective and try to have realistic projections for my guys. Nolasco, Santana and Cueto should pitch in at least 140-160 a piece, no?


Perhaps, but we're not talking about the most reliable group here. Strasburg will be shut down at 160 innings. Wainwright is coming off of TJ, so who really knows how good he'll even be or how well he'll hold up over 30+ starts. Doc is your 1 solid guy. The rest of the crew I would view more or less as spot starters. Cueto probably gets a good number of starts, but regression is more or less expected. That all said, if there is an area that I would rather be lacking on this time of the season it would be with my rotations.


Yea I hear you. But, like you said, there are always starters out there. I went low risk, very high reward with my pitching while tempering my expectations. Hell, keeping those pitchers allowed me to get Pujols, Upton AND Halladay. 3 top 12 players.
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What needs improvement? WHIR

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Puh-leezzz?
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 23:24 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact