I like my team but... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I like my team but...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I like my team but...

Postby NYG1119 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm new to fantasy baseball...not new to fantasy in general but I was just wondering if my weakness at closing pitching will effect me too much.

I'm in a 10-team league and we have 12 categories and record is H2H...for example if I win 8 of 12, my record after week 1 is (8-4).

Batting - HR, RBI, AVG, H, SB, TB
Pitching - W, QS, ERA, WHIP, K, SV

My Team
C - Napoli
1B - Cabrera, Ike Davis, C. Lee
2B - R. Weeks, Espinosa
3B - Longoria
SS - Reyes, Hardy
OF - CarGo, Gardner, D. Jennings, Young, Ethier

SP - Lincecum, Shields, Beckett, Marcum, Worley, C. Lewis
RP - League, Thornton, Bard, Clippard

So I have 2 questions
1. Will they change Cabrera to only being eligible for a 3B roster spot with his move to 3rd?
2. Should I worry about my relievers/closers because saves are only 1 of 12 categories?...I feel like I'm good everywhere else
NYG1119
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I like my team but...

Postby FBNUT31 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:46 pm

My first question is how the heck did you draft that strong of team on your first go-around! No holes, except for maybe closing. Then Cabrera, Longoria, Reyes, Cargo, Lincy and Shields!!!! When the heck did Cargo and Lincy go in the draft? I guess I can see Cabrera 1st, Longo 2nd, Reyes 3rd and Shields 6th.... but I would be shocked to know Cargo went in the 4th or even 3rd.

Answering:

1) Cabrera keeps his eligibility for this year and unless he plays a certain percentage of games (depends on the league) he will lose it next year.

2) Closers are weak .... however you have plenty of strengths to trade for one closer which is all I think you need. Maybe even package Thornton and Clippard for a better closer? That may work.

Anyways, welcome to fantasy baseball. Its the best there is. And baseball is my least favorite sport of football and basketball. Fantasy reigns though!
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYG1119 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 pm

My first question is how the heck did you draft that strong of team on your first go-around! No holes, except for maybe closing. Then Cabrera, Longoria, Reyes, Cargo, Lincy and Shields!!!! When the heck did Cargo and Lincy go in the draft? I guess I can see Cabrera 1st, Longo 2nd, Reyes 3rd and Shields 6th.... but I would be shocked to know Cargo went in the 4th or even 3rd.

Haha...I couldn't believe it myself...what happened is that there were 7 existing teams already and they had 3 keepers each but it couldn't be 2 of the same position...I guess the guy who had Cabrera felt it necessary to keep Votto over Cabrera (maybe he was scared cause of the eye injury).

Whatever the case I was first to pick after the keepers and I took Cabrera, then Halladay went to the 2nd guy and Braun to the 3rd. Then I got Longoria in the 2nd round after the 7 keepers and Upton and Teixeira went after me. And then I went CarGo over Pedroia in the 3rd.

Then the real draft started with all teams in and my cpu froze and I still got Reyes...then I came back and thankfully got Lincecum in the 5th, Napoli in the 6th, Shields in the 7th, Weeks in the 8th, and my boy Gardner in the 9th!!!

Anyway I'm a huge baseball fan but just never got into fantasy baseball because of the season length, but yeah I don't think I could draft this amazing of a team again in a million tries.

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely try that suggestion out and go for it all!!!
NYG1119
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Choptoberfest » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Don't trade for a closer. The position has a high turn around and someone will probably end up losing their job by the end of the first month. Look for a replacement on the waiver wire.
Choptoberfest
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team