How did my draft go? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How did my draft go? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How did my draft go? WHIR

Postby thatguysound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:23 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
thatguysound wrote:and that power could be gone in a second (See Dunn, Adam for more on that). If you want to keep him for the HR's, .

Mark Reynolds is 28 years old.

Fair point. And I understand he wanted more power, since the OF is a little power starved. My problem with high K guys like Reynolds is that they are too reliant upon luck. If they have an unlucky year, suddenly those 35 HR's drop to 25 - which is hardly enough to justify the AVG vampirism. It's a philosophy difference, I guess: To me, if someone picked him up in the late rounds because they're planning on using him as a backup or CI when he gets hot, no problem. But he's too risky to be an everyday starter, IMO. As something to improve upon, I think the OP would be better served finding a better everyday guy to play 1B and use Reynolds judiciously.

Is K. Morales available? Trumbo? Davis? Lind? Goldschmidt? I'd take the 5 fewer HR in exchange for higher BA. But it's a philosophy difference, I guess.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LARS929 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Nope, none of those guys are available. I added up my stats, using ESPN projections and based it off a chart that has the AVG totals for each place in each category and it's clear, I have WAY too much speed, not enough power, and pretty dominant pitching, which is of course if things go right.

I'm thinking of packaging Sandoval and Victorino together for a power bat, either an OF or 1B, but I'm not sure what to get back. Should I be in the Votto range, or more like Stanton?
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LARS929 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Is this too much to give/offer?

Sandoval, Victorino and Reynolds for Konerko and Stanton.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguysound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:56 pm

LARS929 wrote:Is this too much to give/offer?

Sandoval, Victorino and Reynolds for Konerko and Stanton.

If you're in a league of people who are pretty experienced, I'd think that won't be accepted. Stanton is just too much sexytimes right now. It's worth a try - I'm a big believer in the "nothing ventured nothing gained" school of thought - but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I'd try to deal one of your OF's and one of your SP's before dealing Sandoval - he's one of the few legit .300 hitters on your team, and he's entering his prime. Real good chance for a production surge this year. Wainright and Bourn for Stanton? Maybe, if I'm hurting for pitching or speed. Or go really big: Sandoval, Bourn, and Strassburg* for Braun and a solid SP? Like I said, it all depends on how hurting the other team is for what you're offering.

*Only if you're in a one-and-done league. Keeper league, you leave Strasburg alone!
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:05 pm

I really like your team, but I think you have too much speed. I would definitely try and trade Michael Bourn for a power hitter. Your pitching staff rocks and your offense is filled with good players... You might come up short in HR/RBI if you dont do something about it. Like I said, trade Bourn for a power hitter and you should be good to go!

help with mine??
viewtopic.php?t=442545
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team