How did my draft go? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How did my draft go? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LARS929 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:43 am

This was a forced auto-draft. It is an ESPN employee league, where they only set up auto-draft leagues. It's 10 team Roto, normal 5x5 cats.

Clearly there is a whole boatload of risks on the team. But overall how does it look? I think I need to move either Longoria or Sandoval, because I have 3 third basemen and will have 4 once Hanley gets 10 games there.

C. Posey
1B. Reynolds
2b. Kipnis
SS. Hanley Ramirez
3B. Longoria
MI. Dee Gordon
CI. Sandoval
OF. Bourn
OF. Victorino
OF. Crawford
OF. Carlos Quentin
OF. Fowler
Util. Steven Drew

SP: Lester, Strassburg, Wainwright, Josh Johnson, Cueto, Mike Minor, Nolasco, Chacin

RP: Axford, Motte, League, Balfour
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How did my draft go? WHIR

Postby mmonteath » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:59 am

I really like your pitching staff. You do have a lot of 3B eligible players, but I don't see that as much as an issue since HanRam will play SS and Sandoval will stick in the CI spot. Your OF looks like a little weak and I am not a fan of Drew, but other than that I think your team is pretty solid. Maybe you could deal Victorino/Sandoval for some more power in the OF and find someone like E.Encarnacion or Gamel on the WW to play in the CI spot (once he's eligible).

Please take a look at mine when you get a chance:

viewtopic.php?t=442367
mmonteath
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 22)

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:01 am

Well, you certainly have plenty of speed. And plenty of question
Mark sp's. I would consider moving Bourn and Sandoval for a 25 hr Of + a reliable sp. maybe like morse/bumgarner combo. ( or something similar)
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)

Postby chump dumper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:02 am

Pitching looks good......but your IF looks like it needs help!
Sandoval has 1st base eligible......so drop Reynolds, he'll suck the life out of your avg and high strikeout rate.
Kipnis is bad too.....
Fowler and Drew can be dropped as well. Lorenzo Cain might be a good pickup.....also watch Denard Span and Seth Smith this year for pickup. Allen Craig might be worth a spot to save on your roster......
I would trade Hanley for 2 guys like Aybar (SS) and a decent 2b guy.
chump dumper
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am

Drop... Reynolds???? 35 hr every. Single. Year.
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Pack83 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 am

Serious high risk/high reward situation with your pitchers. I don't trust Strassburg, Johnson, or Wainright just yet but if they all pan out (or even if 2 of the 3 pan out) your pitching will be very, very, good. 2B and OF seem to need some attention too. Although, there may not be a lot you can do about 2B at the moment. I like the idea of moving Victorino/Sandoval to address the need in the OF. Oh, and don't drop Reynolds.

Here's mine if you don't mind.

viewtopic.php?t=442524
"I've seen that there is evil, I know that there is good and the inbetweens I've never understood."
Pack83
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LARS929 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:53 am

lastingsgriller wrote:Drop... Reynolds???? 35 hr every. Single. Year.

Yeah No way I drop Reynolds, plus Sandoval doesn't have 1B eligibility in ESPN, only Yahoo.

Responding to comments now...appreciate the feedback.

Delmon Young is on waivers, I am thinking of claiming him, should I drop Fowler or Quentin?
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LARS929 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:57 am

chump dumper wrote:I would trade Hanley for 2 guys like Aybar (SS) and a decent 2b guy.

These are the trades that LOSE leagues...ask anyone who's good in fantasy baseball and they'd tell you, ALWAYS get the best player in the deal. Only time you do a 2 for 1 is when you're getting 2 studs back for 1 stud. Not a chance in heck I'd trade Hanley for Aybar...if I traded Hanley I'd expect to get an elite IF and a top tier OF as well.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguysound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Overall, I like your IF to help cover the OF. I'm not in a rush to trade any of your 3B's, since they all have spots that let them work.

I'm nervous about Reynolds. Yes, he hits a ton of HR's, but that average is a major category killer - and that power could be gone in a second (See Dunn, Adam for more on that). If you want to keep him for the HR's, then I'd try to get another high-AVG stick to help balance it out.

Kipnis might be another year away from really helping, so keep watch on the WW for some 2B help.

Unless you plan on moving HanRam to 3B (Which I wouldn't - his max value is still at SS, IMO), then I think you'd be better off dropping S. Drew and taking a flier on a 2B, in case Kipnis isn't quite ready yet. Reynolds? Murphy? Hill? Any of them available?

The good news about having a ton of speed is that there will always be another team who needs it badly, and will overpay for it. You'll have to wait and see how the season starts to play out, but I'd try to package one of your OF's for some power as soon as you can get someone good.

Rotation could be amazing if your Strassburg, Wainwright, and Johnson are all healthy. Figure only 1-2 of them will be, though. Nolasco makes me nervous. And angry, as I've rolled the dice on him a couple times before. So perhaps I'm just a jilted ex, but I'd be ready to drop or deal him in a heartbeat.

No issues with RP's - just be mindful of the usual closer roulette.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 pm

thatguysound wrote:and that power could be gone in a second (See Dunn, Adam for more on that). If you want to keep him for the HR's, .

Mark Reynolds is 28 years old.
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team