Rate my team WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team WHIR

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:39 am

Dynasty league, 12 team h2h 6x6 with standard categories plus OPS and holds.

C McCann
1B Michael Young
2B Cano
3B Sandoval
SS Tulo
LF Kendrick
CF Rasmus
RF Berkman
OF Austin Jackson
U Hanley Ramirez
BN Moustakas, Alexei Ramirez, Mayberry, Morneau

SP: Kershaw, Greinke, Hudson, Wolf, Latos, Johan Santana, Niemann
RP: Valverde, Betancourt, De Los Santos, Tom Wilhelmsen
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team WHIR

Postby garretterik » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm

I really like your team. I am in a 12 team 5x5 ROTO and had the 7th pick I couldn't believe that I got Tulo and Hanley with my first two picks. I thought for sure that the people in my league just goofed giving me two first round quality guys, but you got the same!
Overall your bats are great. I mean your bench (except for Morneau) would start on most teams. I like Kendrick to break out, but all your batters are great. ;-D
I like your SP too, but worry about Santana. Also, I am not sure why you have Niemann. I would think that the ww would have someone better than the #5 starter on TBay.
I haven't been following middle relievers, but it looks like you are geared more for holds than saves. I might think about investing in another RP possible closer like an Addison Reed in Chicago, or whoever doesn't win out in KC or Phi.
Good luck
Help me;
viewtopic.php?t=442493
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby livinginarizona » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 pm

How many keepers do you have? Somehow I can't believe you drafted both Cano and Tulo in first two rounds. That is definitely a nice tandem to have in your arsenal.

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=442468#p3493855
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:58 am

Hanley and Tulo were both acquired via trades. Hanley was given to me for Darvish and Buccholz and Tulo and Latos were acquired for Prince.

This was a first year dynasty league draft, so all players were available. I had the three slot and took Cano. Then I took Kershaw in the second. I traded for Prince (got a good deal in a three team trade) and then moved him to land Tulo and Latos.

I have Niemann because I think he is underrated. He was a stud down the stretch last year but nobody gives him props. If he sucks, he is replaceable, but I am high on the guy.

I am actually most worried about my RP, too. Valverde and Betancourt will give me decent saves, but most teams have three or more closers, so I may need more. This week, I gambled by dropping Oswalt to pick up a mid reliever in the SEA-OAK series hoping to steal a holds or two.

Thanks for helping with mine. I will be sure to help with yours.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nighttrain » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:23 pm

I dont like that you have Kendrick in OF and Young at 1st. Their value is at 2nd. You obviously have cano so not sure why you drafted those guys. Also you have Hanley in Util. Very odd strategy and not maximizing the players position scarcity. Since its a dynasty team I assume you were handcuffed.

Like your pitching a lot although Wolf needs to go ASAP

viewtopic.php?t=442635
Nighttrain
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby rib217 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:33 pm

One thought would be to either combine Young and/or Kendrick together to target a Primary 1b or anchor for your OF. Both are solid players but as mentioned with Cano at 2b these guys lose some value.

Now that I think about it, if your willing to part with Cano, you could go after Braun, Kemp, Bautista, etc then move one of Kendrick or Young to 2b optimizing their value and adding a 1st round bat to the OF

mine: viewtopic.php?t=442654
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Nighttrain wrote:I dont like that you have Kendrick in OF and Young at 1st. Their value is at 2nd. You obviously have cano so not sure why you drafted those guys. Also you have Hanley in Util. Very odd strategy and not maximizing the players position scarcity. Since its a dynasty team I assume you were handcuffed.

Like your pitching a lot although Wolf needs to go ASAP

viewtopic.php?t=442635

This is how I look at it. As long as they are starting, it doesn't matter what position. Feel free to convince me otherwise. I just haven't been convinced otherwise. WIth HanRam, I could put him at SS, but then Tulo is the Utility, so how does that change things?

Kendrick is in the OF because with Cano at 2B he is the better option in LF then Mayberry, imo. Young is at 1B because he seems to be the best option at this time. If Morneau bounces back that may be re-evaluated. But, I would rather have him at 1B then Mayberry at this time.

Like I said, I haven't been convinced that position placement really matters. If I have two solid 1B, one would be in the 1B slot and if the second is better then the rest of my team for the U spot, I don't see a problem placing him there.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:22 pm

rib217 wrote:One thought would be to either combine Young and/or Kendrick together to target a Primary 1b or anchor for your OF. Both are solid players but as mentioned with Cano at 2b these guys lose some value.

Now that I think about it, if your willing to part with Cano, you could go after Braun, Kemp, Bautista, etc then move one of Kendrick or Young to 2b optimizing their value and adding a 1st round bat to the OF

mine: viewtopic.php?t=442654

Interesting. What do you think of Cano and Moustakas for Kemp? I would try to do Cano for Kemp straight up first, but knowing the guy who has Kemp, he may want Moustakas with it.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Garry26 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:27 pm

You drafted Tulo in Rnd 1? The problem is you didnt draft the proper players in the early rounds. 1B, 3B, SP, and OF are priority in the first 4-5 rounds. The reason is that these are the most consistent big producers

M. Young & Berkman & 1B- Even if he goes back to 2009-2010 numbers, Young is best at 2B and possibly 3B. Otherwise, hes a good 2B. You want better power numbers @ 1B so Berkman is best.

Sandoval 3B- Doing horribly this spring. Let's hope he repeats or improves his 2010 performance or you are in trouble.

Your OF is weak even if you keep Berkman at OF.

Hanley Ramirez- Two SSs are uncessary. You should've used the pick to grab an OF instead.

Pitching- Your SP is satisfactory.
Perhaps another Closer would help.

Maybe trading Hanley for an OF will help. Especially if Morneau produces. Mayberry was a good flyer.
I love mock drafts.
Garry26
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 67)

Postby Irish Drunk » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 am

Solid for a 12 teamer. Biggest weakness is OF. Rasmus is a question mark (having a bad spring) and has Austin Jackson improved his contact rate. I wouldn't worry about RP too much there is always a good closer or two available on the waiver wire.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 160)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team