1st, 9th, and 15th pick in keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

1st, 9th, and 15th pick in keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st, 9th, and 15th pick in keeper league

Postby lollygaggers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:24 pm

I inherited the last place team from last year in a keeper 14 team league and it is ugly...I actually pulled off a pre-draft trade where i aquired the 9th pick overall...
current keepers:
C-Carlos Santana
OF-BJ Upton
2B-Jason Kipnis
OF-Jayson Werth
3B-Aramis Ramirez
OF-Corey Hart
P-Brandon Beachy
SS-Dee Gordon - acquired via trade giving up Jason Heyward and 4th round pick along with acquiring the 9th overall pick(the guy was high on Heyward and I was low)

So I have the 1st, 9th, and 15th pick overall and I am looking to go young. I am targeting Yu Darvish, Jesus Montero, and Mike Trout with my top 3 picks.

In what order would you go after those 3 players. Who should I draft first and who has the best chance at being on the board with the 9th and 15th pick.

I'm thinking that I should pick Yu or Jesus first and hope the other is available with the 9th pick. Or am I undervaluing Trout's high potential.
lollygaggers
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st, 9th, and 15th pick in keeper league

Postby mpieco » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:27 pm

I'd probably target Montero first. I think you can bet that Darvish and Trout will both be there at 9, depending on the amount of keepers allowed. but to see one of those 3 to then be there again at 15 is pretty unlikely. I think Montero is the one to own out of all 3, so I'd make sure to grab him first. Then probably Trout 9. I would worry less about rostering Darvish. Take the bats first.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Would really depend on who the top 15 guys in draft are?
Btw, i wouldn't target Darvish that much.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby TruYankeeFan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I think Jesus will be one of the rare hitting talents...when I watched video of him online coming up through the yanks system, the kid always destroyed pitching. He is one of the few prospects coming up that I believed/agreed with the hype generated by the yankee pr machine.

Trout should be very valuable as he apparently has really improved his glove as a 3B...so they are talking about him being their main 3B as well as Pujols backup at 1B...and he should DH and play some OF. So that is 2 maybe 3 positions he should qualify for and be at least above avg w/ all star potential.

Yu scares me a bit. I know he is supposed to be different from all the Japanese pitchers we have seen before him. But he still has to adjust to a 5 day schedule (NPB has 6 days between starts). Does not seem like much but will really add up over 30 starts.

So I would also go in that order. HTH

Little help on mine
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=442477&p=3493910#p3493910
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby mikekim2121 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:37 am

TruYankeeFan wrote:Trout should be very valuable as he apparently has really improved his glove as a 3B...so they are talking about him being their main 3B as well as Pujols backup at 1B...and he should DH and play some OF.

I think he is confusing Trout with Trumbo. Trumbo doesn't even belong in Trouts class.

Like other poster said, it really depends on who's is available and how many players have been kept. Without knowing the info, I'd say you should target Trout or Jesus. I'm leaning towards Trout because you already have a big time catcher, but Montero is also a special talent so it depends on who else is available.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 am

mikekim2121 wrote:
TruYankeeFan wrote:Trout should be very valuable as he apparently has really improved his glove as a 3B...so they are talking about him being their main 3B as well as Pujols backup at 1B...and he should DH and play some OF.

I think he is confusing Trout with Trumbo. Trumbo doesn't even belong in Trouts class.

Like other poster said, it really depends on who's is available and how many players have been kept. Without knowing the info, I'd say you should target Trout or Jesus. I'm leaning towards Trout because you already have a big time catcher, but Montero is also a special talent so it depends on who else is available.

Wow...late night posting and alcohol just dont mix...lol
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions