Jurickson Profar or Jarod Parker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Jurickson Profar or Jarod Parker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jurickson Profar or Jarod Parker

Postby jkid1219 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi everyone, I'm in a dynasty AL-Only keeper league. it's an auction styled league that allows you to keep they players at that salary for three years before losing them. We are allowed 4 Farm players who are in the minor leagues. Last season, because I was in the running to win I ended up dealing several of my worthwhile farm players (Wil Myers, Martin Perez)

This year I have the 1st overall pick for the farm system. There is no limit on how long you can have a guy in the minors.

The best available AL players are:

Jurickson Profar
Jarrod Parker
Danny Hultzen
Anthony Gose
Travis D'Arnaud

Players like Yoenis Cespedes, Yu Darvish and Addison Reed are also available but all three are likely to make the 25-man roster thus making them not available to be drafted for your farm.

My gut says to go with Profar because of how high is ceiling is but my current keepers are decent and I may have a chance to finish "in the money" (Top 5) out of 12. Most of my players are going into the final year of their contract so I'm going all in or starting to rebuild.

My decision is likely between Profar or Parker, because Profar wont help me for a few years while Parker is likely to be in the rotation by end of April. WHO SHOULD I TAKE?
jkid1219
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jurickson Profar or Jarod Parker

Postby Element » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:23 pm

I personally prefer Hultzen to Parker by a great margin. I'm not a big Jarod Parker fan. Hultzen should also be able to help you this season. If you're planning on being competitive again this season I may lean in this direction. If you're ok with waiting on Profar I would have no issue with you doing that either. Long term, Profar is the much better prospect.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Element wrote:I personally prefer Hultzen to Parker by a great margin. I'm not a big Jarod Parker fan. Hultzen should also be able to help you this season. If you're planning on being competitive again this season I may lean in this direction. If you're ok with waiting on Profar I would have no issue with you doing that either. Long term, Profar is the much better prospect.

;-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby MaudDib » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Profar. Don't take a guy over him just because you want him in the majors quicker. Plus there is a chance Profar could see the majors next year as the Rangers are trying him at 2B.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions