14 team Keeper Auction Roto...WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

14 team Keeper Auction Roto...WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

14 team Keeper Auction Roto...WHIR!

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:20 am

Here's my team. I'll list salaries and identify keepers with a "K". Can keep between 1 and 12 per year. Standard scoring (only difference is Wins x 2 - losses) $260 to spend on 20 starters

C- Arencibia - $3- K
1b-Pujols- 51
2b-Zobrist 13- K
3b-Sandoval 20- K
ss- S. Drew 2
Cr- Moustakas 5- K
MI- Kendrick 7- K
OF- Maybin 10 K
OF- Boesch 5 K
OF- J Upton 42
OF- Rios 8 (guy I was bidding against had $8 left)
DH- Ike Davis 9

P- Strasburg 3 K
P J. Santana 5 K
P Wainwright 5 K
P Cueto 5 K
P Halladay 42
P Nolasco 3
P Balfour 1
P Storen 5 K

Thanks in advance!!
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14 team Keeper Auction Roto...WHIR!

Postby aqr135 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:51 am

I think your best spot to upgrade is your util infield spots. Also maybe another closer? Otherwise, I like your starters and the rest of your lineup.
aqr135
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:55 am

aqr135 wrote:I think your best spot to upgrade is your util infield spots. Also maybe another closer? Otherwise, I like your starters and the rest of your lineup.

Thanks. I probably have higher expectations for Moustakas than others.
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby shmity72 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:05 pm

as you know a lot of upside to santana nolasco and cueto. though i don't see cueto being all too consistant. keep an eye out for other pitchers. ;-D
matchups
shmity72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:09 pm

shmity72 wrote:as you know a lot of upside to santana nolasco and cueto. though i don't see cueto being all too consistant. keep an eye out for other pitchers. ;-D

I'm a Mets fan so that's why Santana was kept. I hope this is the year for Nolasco (his BABIP has been terrible the last 3 years so he's bound to get lucky). Cueto had a really good BABIP last year, so we'll see how much he steps back. I have decent fall backs, Bedard (if healthy) and RA Dickey. Always on the lookout though. Thanks!
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Devil Doc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:50 pm

I really like your team, and getting Stras for $3 is a steal IMHO. I like moster of your positional players as well, I think maybe an upgrade at OF over the UTIL positions though. I think Mous is going to be a late bloomer and will eventually show his worth as an elite 3B, and Kendrick is a solid tier 2 2B.

Thanks for your input on my team! ;-D
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Devil Doc wrote:I really like your team, and getting Stras for $3 is a steal IMHO. I like moster of your positional players as well, I think maybe an upgrade at OF over the UTIL positions though. I think Mous is going to be a late bloomer and will eventually show his worth as an elite 3B, and Kendrick is a solid tier 2 2B.

Thanks for your input on my team! ;-D

What do you mean upgrade at OF over the UTIL?

Stras was thrown out in the auction last year with everyone knowing he was going to be out til september, and even though I had no room and a shaky rotation I had to get him. Wainwright I got in the reserve draft after the auction.
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dukefan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:25 pm

I like your keepers for how cheap you were able to retain, probably helped in the long run during the auction. You have alot of over the ill older pitchers but hopefully they'll be able to produce. You should be set in the hitting department

please rate mine when u get a chance

viewtopic.php?t=442393
dukefan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Merlin401 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:51 pm

I think it looks very strong for the depth of the league... the infield is blah but there is a lot of firepower with some stars. Don't like JP much (I htink he'll be a terror on the batting average) but not a big deal.

How does keeper costs increase? You have a lot of very very cheap young studs which should make you set for a long time
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby AmazinSiddFinch » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Merlin401 wrote:I think it looks very strong for the depth of the league... the infield is blah but there is a lot of firepower with some stars. Don't like JP much (I htink he'll be a terror on the batting average) but not a big deal.

How does keeper costs increase? You have a lot of very very cheap young studs which should make you set for a long time

Keepers are different than any other league. I'll use an example with a player on my team...

Year 1- Stras was open in the auction, someone threw him out, I won him for $3 since he was hurt.

Year 2- I keep him for $3

Year 3- I have the option of keeping his topper rights...Topper rights work like this. Stras is available to bid on, the "winning bid" is $35. I have the option to keep him on my team for $1 more, so I can keep him for $36 that year if I want, or let the "winner" take him for $35. If I let the winner take him, he has him on a new contract and he can keep him for $35 next year.

Year 4- If I keep him its the same thing. 2nd year topper rights. If I top his winning bid again, he is on my team for year 4, but year 5 I have no rights to him and have to win him in the bidding.

This works the same way with picked up players. Last year I salaried Wainwright for $5 after picking him up off free agent wire(or in the 10 rd reserve draft after the auction (not inside the $260 budget)). I can kept him for $5 this year, but next year I only have topper rights on him.
AmazinSiddFinch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team