Can't decide if I like my team WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can't decide if I like my team WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can't decide if I like my team WHIR

Postby mmonteath » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:08 am

What do you think?

12 Team 5x5 H2H Non-Keeper League

C Miguel Montero
1B Miguel Cabrera (3B)
2B Rickie Weeks
SS Alexei Ramirez
3B Adrian Beltre
OF Michael Bourn
OF Alex Gordon
OF Jay Bruce
Util Carl Crawford (OF)
Util Jayson Werth (OF)
BN Chase Utley (2B)
BN Mike Trout (OF)
BN Colby Rasmus (OF)

SP Roy Halladay
SP James Shields
RP Frank Francisco
RP Daniel Bard
P Wandy Rodriguez (SP)
P Jonathan Niese (SP)
P Edwin Jackson (SP)
P Jeremy Hellickson (SP)
BN Brandon McCarthy (SP)
BN Clay Buchholz (SP)
mmonteath
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can't decide if I like my team WHIR

Postby thatguysound » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:16 am

Keeper league or one-timer?

For this year alone, I'm scared by your 2B and SS combo. Too much injury history at 2B, and not enough upside at SS for my tastes. I like your OF a lot, although you might be a little too deep in the OF. I'm not sold on Rasmus personally. I don't love your pitching staff top to bottom. No problems with Doc and Shields, but after that it gets dicey. Hellickson could be a #3, but more likely a 4 or 5. Edwin is never going to be special, and Wandy and Niese are going to be limited by their teams. And you effectively have no closers. Bard is going to be a starter, and Francisco will be the lowest rated full time closer - if he makes it through the season.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mmonteath » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:06 am

Bump, will help anyone that helps me. I know my MI is weak and I'd really like to have MCab as my 3B once he is eligible if I can deal Beltre to help in other areas. Also, I am thinking about dropping Bard and picking up a solid set up man that can help out in K's, ERA, etc. until I can find some closers on the WW once the season starts. Any ideas on who I should target? S.Romo, D.Hernandez, etc.?
mmonteath
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 22)

Postby LARS929 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:55 am

I really like this team a lot, your outfield is strong, but that could be because it's a shallow league, only 3 OF spots? But still, Gordon, Boun , Bruce and Crawford are three guys I like a lot...I also love Beltre and Weeks in the infield...your pitching isn't great, I only really love Halladay, but I could see pitching available on FAs all year long.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguysound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:07 pm

mmonteath wrote:Bump, will help anyone that helps me. I know my MI is weak and I'd really like to have MCab as my 3B once he is eligible if I can deal Beltre to help in other areas. Also, I am thinking about dropping Bard and picking up a solid set up man that can help out in K's, ERA, etc. until I can find some closers on the WW once the season starts. Any ideas on who I should target? S.Romo, D.Hernandez, etc.?

He's probably taken, but if you can grab Kenley Jansen off the WW, you'll be glad. Plus he might turn into the closer at some point, which should increase his value.

You could also consider Tyler Clippard, Sergio Romo, Nate Robertson, Vinnie Pestano, Addison Reed for a non-closer RP. I'd even think about picking up 2 and dropping either Jackson or Niese.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team